(单词翻译:单击)
Thanks for being here. Thank you. That was a clip from the ESPN documentary.
多谢你能来 。谢谢你 。那是ESPN纪录片的片段 。
And first of all, I just-- I think it's what every…
首先,我只是--我想这就是所有的……
you know, every parent should be is what you're being right now,
你知道,每个父母都应该像你现在这样,
which is unconditionally loving your child and supporting your child, Thank you. in whoever they are.
那就是无条件地爱你的孩子,支持你的孩子,谢谢你 。不管他们是谁 。
I mean-- Thank you. That's--
我是说-谢谢 。
there are so many parents that are just, oh, you're not going the way I imagined or wanted you to be
有太多的父母只是,哦,你不能像我想象的那样或者像我希望的那样
and freak out. And you're so loving and supportive of Zaya. And what a special child she is.
发疯 。你对Zaya既宠爱又维护 。她是个多么特别的孩子 。
Yeah, she is, she is. Thank you so much for that.
是的,她很特别,她很特别 。太谢谢你了 。
First of all, me and my wife, my wife Gabrielle Union, we are proud, when I say proud,
首先,我和我的妻子,我的妻子加布里艾尔·尤尼恩,我们很骄傲,当我说骄傲的时候,
we are proud parents of a child in the LGBTQ+ community. And we're proud allies as well.
我们是LGBTQ+社区中一个孩子的父母,我们感到自豪,我们因彼此也是伙伴而感到自豪 。
And we take our roles and our responsibility as parents very seriously.
我们非常认真地对待我们作为父母的角色和责任 。
So when our child comes home with a question,
所以当我们的孩子回家时,心里带着一个问题,
when our child comes home with a issue, when our child comes home with anything,
当我们的孩子带着问题回家的时候,当我们的孩子带着东西回家的时候,
it's our job as parents to listen to that, to give them the best information that we can,
作为父母,我们的工作就是倾听他们的心声,尽可能地向他们提供最好的信息,
the best feedback that we can, and that doesn't change because sexuality is now involved in it.
我们所能得到的最好的反馈,但这并没有改变,因为性已经参与其中了 。
So once Zaya, our 12-year-old came home-- and first Zion-- everybody…
所以有一次,我们12岁的孩子Zaya回到家--也是第一个Zion--每个人……
I don't know if everyone knows-- originally named Zion, Zion born as a boy, came home and said, hey,
我不知道是否每个人都知道--最初的名字叫Zion,Zion出生时还是个男孩,回到家说,嘿,
so I want to talk to you guys. I think going forward, I'm ready to live my truth.
所以我想和你们谈谈 。我想向前看,我准备好面对现实了 。
And I want to be referenced as she and her. I would love for you guys to call me Zaya.
我想成为她和她之间的参照,我很乐意你们叫我Zaya 。
And so internally, now it's our job to, one, go out and get information,
所以在家庭内部,我们的工作就是,一,出去获取信息,
to reach out to every relationship that we have. My wife reached out to everybody on the cast of "Pose."
去接触我们之间的每段感情 。我妻子联系了《姿态》剧组的每一个人 。
And we're just trying to figure out as much information we can to make sure that we give our child
我们只是想找出尽可能多的信息以确保我们给我们的孩子
the best opportunity to be, you know, her best self. Yeah.
最好的机会成为她最好的自己 。是的 。
I mean, I would think that it's one thing-- It's one thing to have this at home,
我是说,我觉得这是一回事,把这个事放在家里说是一回事,
but knowing that she's going to be out in the world-- Yeah.
但是知道她要去外面的世界-是的 。
because you're a public figure, and even if you weren't, she's going to school,
因为你是公众人物,即使你不是,她也要去上学,
and to want to be protective and to make sure she's safe-- Yes.
为了保护她,确保她的安全-是的 。
that must be a scary thing, because it's one thing for you to love her and your wife to love her,
一定很可怕,因为你爱她和你的妻子爱她其实都是一码事,
but that must-- you just want everyone to love her the same way.
但那必须-你只是希望每个人都以同样的方式爱她 。
Exactly. And once Zaya came home and said, hey, you call me Zion, I'm ready to take on this,
完全正确 。一旦Zaya回到家说,嘿,你叫我Zion,我准备好接受这个,
I looked at her and said, you are a leader, you are a leader.
我看着她说,你是一家之主,你是一家之主 。
And this is our opportunity to allow you to be a voice.
这是我们让你可以发声的机会 。
Right now it's through us, because she's 12 years old.
现在是需要经过我们这关,因为她12岁了 。
But eventually, it will be through her. Right.
但最终,还是得靠她自己 。对 。
Well, and GLSEN is an organization you're working with.
你在男女同性恋暨直人教育网这个组织工作 。
And there's a lot of-- if anybody else there-- out there can relate to this and needs help,
这里有很多--如果还有其他人的话-有需要这方面的帮助,
you can go to our website and we can direct you, because I'm sure there are a lot of people
你可以去我们的网站,我们可以指导你,因为我相信有很多人
that just don't know what to do. Yeah. So you're a great example. Thank you.
只是不知道该怎么做 。是的 。所以你是个很好的例子 。谢谢你 。
The-- I know that everybody is still grieving over the loss of Kobe-- Yeah.
我知道每个人都在为失去科比而悲伤-是的 。
and all the people that we lost on-- you must have a lot of memories of Kobe.
我们大家失去的人--你一定有很多关于科比的回忆 。
And he was-- he was just such a light, wasn't he? He was just such a bright, bright light.
他是……他是个很好的人,不是吗?他就像一盏明亮的灯 。
He was special. I mean, I think my favorite…
他与众不同 。我的意思是,我认为我最喜欢的……
you know, we all have stories and moments of our interactions with Kobe. But I think
你知道,我们都有和科比互动的故事和时刻 。但我想
what was special about him and why you see so many guys in the NBA or so many younger guys
他有什么特别之处以及为什么你会在NBA看到这么多人,很多年轻人
really tore up about this is because he was the first superstar,
都为这事伤心,是因为他是第一个超级巨星,
that really embraced different generations, really embraced us.
真正影响了不同的世代,真正影响了我们 。
And I think from, like, 2008 on, from the Olympics on, he really put his arms around us,
我想从2008年开始,从奥运会开始,他真的把他的手臂放在我们身上,
as competitors, and the rest of the world. You saw him being more involved in so many different sports,
作为竞争对手,在世界其他地方,你看到他参与了很多不同的运动项目,
not just basketball and soccer, obviously, with his daughter and women basketball.
不仅仅是篮球和足球,显然他还要关注他的女儿和女子篮球 。
But he just started being a person that everybody can call and reach out to and say, hey, Kobe,
但他刚开始是一个人人都能打电话和联系的人,嘿,科比,
I have a question. So I'm going to miss that example - Yeah.
我有个问题 。所以我将会记住这个回忆-是的 。
not only just my friend, but that example that he was setting not only for me, but with so many others.
不仅仅是我的朋友,他不仅为我树立了榜样,也为其他人树立了榜样 。
Yep. Yep. Well said. He was a good guy. Yeah. You're a good guy.
是的,是的,说得好,他是个好人 。是的,你也很不错 。
You've got to see the documentary, it's called D. Wade, life unexpected. It airs Sunday,
你一定要去看名为D.韦德纪录片,生活永远无法预料 。星期日,
February 23, at 9:00 on ESPN, we'll be right back.
2月23日,9点在ESPN播出,我们很快就回来 。