(单词翻译:单击)
I set the record for the lowest limbo of 8.5 inches in 2010. I'm very proud of that.
我在2010年创下了8.5英寸(21.59cm)的最低过杆纪录 。这个成绩我还是很自豪的 。
My name is Shemika Campbell, and I am a world class limbo dancer.
我叫谢米卡·坎贝尔,是世界一流的过杆舞者 。
I'm originally from Trinidad and Tobago, which is also where limbo dance originated.
我来自特立尼达和多巴哥,那里也是过杆舞的发源地 。
It was a dance at wakes that symbolized entering from one life to another.
这是守灵时跳的一种舞,象征着逝者从一种生命形态走向了另一种生命形态 。
Now today, it's literally everywhere.
毫不夸张地说,如今,这种舞几乎已经随处可见了 。
I got into the art of limbo at the age of 14.
我14岁就开始接触这种艺术了 。
My grandmother was a limbo dancer,
我外祖母是跳过杆舞的,
my mother was a limbo dancer
我妈妈也是跳过杆舞的,
and it's only right that I'm a limbo dancer.
所以我也得跳过杆舞才对 。
I had to carry on that legacy, not only for my family, but also for my culture, as well.
我有义务把这个传统发扬光大,不止是为我们家族,也为我的文化 。
Physically, I am very flexible.
我的身体非常灵活 。
I do my daily stretches.
我每天都要做拉伸运动 。
I can't really feel normal stretches, so I have to like create my own, to where I really feel the stretch in my legs.
普通的拉伸我已经没什么感觉了,我必须创造出适合我自己,能够真正让我有感觉的拉伸方法 。
I get a little crazy sometimes, for sure.
有时候确实是有点疯狂啦 。
Ladies and gentlemen, the limbo queen, Shemika Campbell.
女士们,先生们,欢迎我们的过杆舞女王谢米卡·坎贝尔 。
In order to make it under 8.5 inches,
为了顺利通过只有8.5英寸的杆,
I have to hold my breath in order to contort my body to make it under the bar.
我必须屏住呼吸,将身体缩起来才能从杆下通过 。
At the same time I have to think about my arms, I have to think about my positioning.
同时还要考虑我的手臂,还有姿势 。
I move side to side just to show that I'm still suspended.
还要左右移动,显示我的身体还是悬空的,没有贴在地上 。
I start to move actually physically under the bar
正式开始过杆 。
and that's pretty much when I'm able to let the air out.
这个时候我差不多就可以吐气了 。
And that's when I will get up.
这个时候就可以站起来了 。
It's very very very hard to do.
做起来是非常非常困难的 。
The pain that I feel during practicing and pushing myself that comes with it,
练习和自我鞭策过程中感受到的痛苦,
well, that's one of the things that really drew me to limbo.
恰好也是驱使我走上这条路的因素之一 。
It was something that I couldn't do easily.
因为不是轻轻松松就能做到的事情 。
I love the challenge.
我又是很喜欢挑战的一个人 。
To me, making it under this bar perfectly every time, it means the absolute world.
对我来说,每次都能完美地从杆下通过就是一切 。
I pretty much limbo any and everywhere.
我基本上走到哪儿就会跳到哪儿 。
I've been on “America's Got Talent” twice.
我上过两次《美国达人秀》 。
I've been on “The Ellen Degeneres show.”
上过《艾伦秀》,
I've been on “The Late Late Show with James Corden.”
也上过《柯登深夜秀》 。
When I see peoples' reactions and how appreciative they are of my ability to do this is just amazing.
看到大家的反应,以及他们对我的能力的充分认可,我特别特别开心 。
Alright. Put it there, put it there. I really do appreciate you representing the city.
行了 。放那里就行,放那儿就行 。真的很感谢你能代表这座城市参赛 。
I absolutely love limbo. I love everything about it.
我真的超爱过杆舞,我爱它的一切 。
People think that limbo is just for fun.
人们觉得过杆舞只是为了好玩儿 。
For Trinidadians like myself, it's really a big part of our culture.
但对我这样的特立尼达人来说,它是我们文化中的一个重要组成部分 。
I feel like that's where my job comes in, to really show you this is more than just a fun little activity.
我觉得这就是我的使命,我的存在就是为了向大家展示它不仅仅是一个有趣的小活动 。