(单词翻译:单击)
Why I like to save the goats?
我为什么喜欢拯救山羊?
That's a question I have often been asking myself, because I can't answer it.
这个问题我自己也经常问我自己,因为我自己也不知道答案。
This is somehow my mission to take care of the goats.
照顾山羊碰巧就成了我的使命。
Somebody had to do it, and I fall in love with them.
因为总得有人来做这个事情,而我碰巧就爱上了它们。
My name is Johanna Porvaldsdottir, and I'm a goat farmer in Iceland.
我是Johanna Porvaldsdottir,我在冰岛养羊。
For the last 16 years, I have been trying to build up and protect our goat breed.
过去的16年里,我一直在努力扩大和保护我们的山羊品种。
They have been isolated in Iceland for 1,100 years.
它们已经在冰岛独居了1100年了。
They came by Vikings from Norway and from Scotland and Ireland.
最初是挪威、苏格兰和爱尔兰的维京人把它们带到这边来的。
The Iceland goat has twice been less than 100 animals.
历史上,冰岛山羊的数量曾经两次缩减到了不到100只。
In 1962, they was just about 60-70 goats left.
1962年的时候已经只剩60~70只了。

They have been in very big danger of both inbreeding and disappearing.
这个品种一直都有严重的近亲繁殖和种群消失的问题。
I got them here, and since then it had been my passion to breed up this type of goats.
我把它们带到了这里,从那里后,培育这种山羊就成了我的爱好。
This is the only farm where we are trying to live from the goats, to milk them and to make products.
这是我们唯一的一个农场,在这里,我们在试着靠我们的羊群维持生计,挤羊奶,制作各种羊产品。
If you are trying to save a breed, you have to use what they give.
要拯救一个品种,就要利用好它们提供的一切。
We have been doing a lot of different things to raise attention for the goats.
为了吸引大家对这个品种的山羊的关注,我们做了各种各样的尝试。
When 'Game of Thrones' was shooting here, 20 of the goats were used.
《权利的游戏》剧组来这里拍摄的时候,就用了我们20只羊。
They would not be here anymore if I wouldn't have taken care of them.
我要是没有好好照顾它们,它们或许就已经从这片土地上消失了。
I'm very proud to look at my flocks and see that they are alive because of my work.
看着我的羊群,看到它们因为我的劳动活了下来我就会觉得特别自豪。
It's just like when you have children, you are proud of them; I'm very proud of my goats.
就像你有了孩子,你就会为他们感到骄傲;我也为我的羊群感到骄傲。
