(单词翻译:单击)
I was told give up and I have to live with my red discoloration on half of my face for the rest of my life.
他们让我放弃,说我一辈子都得带着这半张脸的红斑 。
And I felt like I don't want to give up on myself. I'm gonna go out there and find a solution.
但我不想放弃自己 。我要出去想办法 。
My name is Basma Hameed, and I help people heal from the inside out.
我是巴斯玛·哈米德,我的工作是从内到外抚平大家的伤痕 。
I am a micropigmentation specialist. I camouflage all types of scars, birth marks, and burns.
我是一名微色素沉着专家 。我能掩盖各种伤疤、胎记和烧伤 。
I implant pigment and scar tissue to eliminate any discoloration in the skin.
通过植入色素和疤痕组织来消除皮肤上的任何变色 。
When I was two years old, I was playing in the kitchen with my brother, and a fire started.
两岁的时候,我和弟弟在厨房里玩,结果就起火了 。
Hot oil ended up spilling on 50% of my face. I ended up with third-degree burns.
滚烫的油溅到了我半张脸上 。我被烫成了三级灼伤 。
And I've had almost 100 types of surgeries and laser treatments. And none of them were successful.
做过近百种手术和激光治疗 。都没有成功 。
I went to talk to my plastic surgeon. I asked him, "What can I do?"
去找我的整形医生 。我问他:“我还能怎么做?”
And he said, "Just take your money. Go on a vacation. This is the end for you. We can't improve it."
他说:“拿着钱去度个假吧 。就这样了 。我们也无能为力了 。”
I said, "What about permanent cosmetics? Can I get my eyebrow tattooed?"
我说:“那永久性化妆品呢?能纹眉吗?”
And he said, "It's the worst thing you can do for yourself. Scar tissue will never pick up pigment."
他说:“纹眉是最不济的办法 。疤是吸收不了色素的 。”
So that day, I decided I'm gonna go and have my eyebrows tattooed.
就在那天,我决定去纹眉 。
My scar tissue picked up the pigment.
没想到还吸收了 。
From that moment, I thought why not make skin tone pigments and implant that pigment in the scar tissue to eliminate the discoloration.
从那一刻起,我就在想,为什么不制造一种色调为肤色的色素,把这种色素植入疤痕组织以消除变色呢 。
I started apprenticing with a permanent makeup artist.
我便开始在一个做了一辈子化妆师的师傅手下当学徒 。
I learned everything that I needed to know about skin.
学到了所有关于皮肤我需要知道的知识 。
I decided to be my first client and work on my own face.
我决定自己当自己的第一个客户,先在自己的脸上试验 。
I was able to camouflage all the red discoloration, and I had something that actually worked.
我成功地掩盖掉了所有的红色部分,我的办法管用了 。
Originally when I started it, I wanted a solution for myself.
刚开始的时候,我只是想解决自己的问题 。
But from there, it had like a much bigger purpose.
但从那以后,我好像有了更大的目标 。
We have the clinic in Toronto, Canada, and we have the clinic now in Beverly Hills.
我们的诊所在加拿大的多伦多,现在在比弗利山庄也开了一家 。
And we perform this procedure every single day.
我们每天都要手术 。
Now we reached a point where plastic surgeons reach out to us.
现在已经变成整形外科医生向我们求助了 。
They want to learn more about the procedure.
他们也想更多地了解这个手术 。
We've performed thousands of procedures in the last 15 years, and it's clients that are flying from all over the world.
过去15年里我们已经做了成千上万台了,各个地方来的都有 。
Every year, we take on few big cases, and we donate those treatments.
每年我们都会免费接一些比较大的病例 。
Adela has a permanent stain on her face.
阿德拉脸上有一块从来就有的斑 。
She's had so many different types of treatments.
她已经做过无数类型的治疗了 。
And nothing really has worked for her.
但没一次管用的 。
Very thankful for her too 'cause she's making my dream come true, you know?
我也很感谢她,因为她让我的梦想成真了,知道嘛?
I used to use for heavy makeup to cover enough, layer and layer.
过去我是用一层又一层的浓妆来遮盖的 。
It's a big difference. It used to be four times longer.
是有很大的区别的 。以前的是现在的4倍那么长 。
The best part about this, it's seeing people transform.
最棒的是,我的工作见证了人们的转变 。
And that's why I'm so grateful that I never gave up.
这也是为什么我无比感激我从未放弃的原因 。
On my journey, I was able to help thousands of people.
一路走来,我居然能够帮住那么多的人 。