(单词翻译:单击)
It's pretty cool to be able to be part of something so big.
能够参与这么重大的项目是一件非常酷的事情 。
We are making the next generation of human space flight possible every day.
我们在研发新一代或将每天上天的载人飞船 。
I'm Amanda Gertjejansen, and we're in New Orleans at Michoud Assembly Facility,
我是Amanda Gertjejansen,欢迎来到新奥尔良的米丘德装配厂,
and we're developing the technology to put a man on Mars.
我们正在研发的是一种能够送人上火星的技术 。
We have a liftoff. Liftoff on Apollo 11.
我们升空了,阿波罗11号飞船升空了 。
Boeing was a part of the Apollo days, we were part of shuttle, and now it's Space Launch System.
波音曾经是阿波罗时代的一部分,我们那个时代是航天飞机的时代,现在则是空间发射系统(简称“SLS”)的时代 。
SLS is the world's biggest, most powerful human-rated rocket ever to be built.
SLS是有史以来世界上规模最大,最强的载人火箭项目 。
Our current mission is to take astronauts deeper into space than ever before.
目前我们的任务是将宇航员送入此前从未涉足过的空间 。
And this SLS vehicle is the platform that we will do that with.
这个项目研发的工具就是我们实现这一目标的平台 。
I'm Chad Bryant. I'm the NASA Core Stage Manager for SLS.
我是Chad Bryant,美国宇航局SLS项目的核心级总监 。
The Core Stage is the central piece of the rocket.
这个核心级是整个火箭最关键的部分 。
It contains oxygen and hydrogen that mixes together to form a very explosive combustion,
内有氢气和氧气,混合之后会爆炸,
two million pounds of thrust, that gets it off the pad and deeper into space than ever before.
产生200万磅的冲力,从而将火箭从平台上推出去,送到之前未能到达的地方 。
Going to Mars is not easy, and so it requires a lot of detail in the design of the rocket.
去火星并不是件容易的事,在设计火箭时需要注意很多很多细节 。
It's all got to work together perfectly in order to execute the mission.
要完成任务,每个细节都必须完美配合 。
We have human lives at stake.
因为我们是在拿人命做赌注 。
All it takes is one part to fail, and we can lose the mission.
只要一个环节出错,任务就可能失败 。
You can't do anything of this scale without tremendous amount of teamwork.
规模这么大的东西,没有大量的团队协作是不可能的 。
Like, it's basically like this whole dance, and we're the dance conductor.
就好像一支集体舞,我们就是这支舞的指导 。
You're excited to come to work everyday because you're part of developing the technology to put a man on Mars, which would be an ultimate new frontier.
你每天都会对工作充满热情,因为你是在帮着研发能够送人上火星的技术,那里将是我们最远的新边疆 。