(单词翻译:单击)
It's the first week of Fall, so happy Fall, everybody, first of all.
这是秋天的第一周 所以先跟大家说声 秋天快乐
And yes, everything's changing. The days are shorter.
没错 一切都变了 白天更短了
And the iPhones are longer. And Halloween is coming up.
苹果手机变得更长了 万圣节也要来了
And it's a scary time of year, so I thought I would show you a scary video.
每年的这时候都很可怕 所以我想给大家看一个很吓人的视频
I saw it, and so I wanted to share it with you.
我看过了 所以想跟大家分享一下
Who here is scared of snakes? OK.
谁怕蛇?好
That's what I'm saying. You may be regretting this decision to be here today.
我说的就是这家伙 你们可能会后悔今天到这儿来
But this is a house in Australia, and two pythons fell through the vent in the ceiling and ended up in someone's bedroom here.
不过这是澳大利亚的一栋房子 两条蟒蛇从屋顶的通风口上摔下来 掉到了某人的卧室里
They're two pythons, they're two males,
这是两条蟒蛇 都是雄性的
and they're fighting so that they can get the rights to mate with a female python that's close by.
它们在争夺跟附近的雌蟒蛇交配的权利
Which means that there is a female python close by.
也就是说附近还有条雌蟒蛇
So that came through that space right there. OK.
它们就是从那儿掉下来的 好
So there are the two large pythons.
两条大蟒蛇
And so I showed this to my writer, Allison, who is really scared of snakes.
我把这视频给我的编剧Allison看了 她特别怕蛇
Because whenever I see a snake video, I show it to her because sharing is caring.
我每次看到蛇的视频都会分享给她 因为分享就是爱啊
And so now, a different show may have just stopped there, where I show her the video.
如果节目换种录法的话 刚才可能就结束了 停在我给她看视频的地方
But no, not this show. It gave me an idea.
但并不是这样 这让我有了个想法
I called my executive producer, Kevin, and I said, what if, in tomorrow's morning meeting,
我给我的监制人Kevin打了个电话 我说 如果我们在明天早会的时候
we get the ceiling to open up and snakes drop on Allison?
把天花板打开 然后让蛇掉在Allison身上会怎样?
And Kevin said, that's a great idea. Let me get some rubber snakes.
Kevin说 这个点子太好了 我去买些橡胶蛇吧
And I said, all right, rubber snakes too. That's good.
我说 好吧 橡胶蛇也行 很好
So we had the crew spend all morning setting it up.
所以我们整个团队花了一早上设这个局
And here's a blueprint of my office so you can see.
大家可以看到 这是我办公室的图解
So here I am sitting there, and there is-- I think this is Kevin.
我坐在这儿 那是 应该是Kevin
This is Jason. And this is Allison right here, who is our target.
这是Jason 这个就是Allison 她是我们的目标
Because there's a vent. There are the snakes up here.
因为通风口在那儿 蛇就在那上面
Here are all the hidden cameras. And so we were ready to go.
这些都是隐藏的相机 一切都准备就绪了
I had a button that was at my chair that I could push to release that.
我椅子上有个按钮 一按就可以触发机关
So the only people who knew this was happening was Kevin and myself.
唯一知道这件事的人就是我和Kevin
So a lot of other people were also frightened. So this is what happened.
所以其他人也被吓到了 当时是这样
You guys, in a couple of weeks, this table is going to be for sale and that table's going to be for sale.
各位 几周后 这张桌子和那张桌子都要卖了
Oh, really? And a new table will come in here. Can we do a yard sale.
哦 是吗 我们要买张新桌子 能来个旧货出售吗
Something like that, yes.
差不多就是那样 对
How did that-- How did it come down? I had a button.
它是怎么 它是怎么掉下来的?我有控制按钮
Oh, I love my job. I love my job.
哦 真是爱死我的工作了 太爱了
And Allison hates hers. And I'm sorry, Allison, but scaring is caring.
Allison讨厌她的工作 不好意思啦 Allison 不过吓唬也是爱啊
And hopefully, this can be an inspiration to all of you.
希望这能给你们带来启发
Because this season, I'm saluting your scares.
因为这一季 我很欢迎你们的惊吓
That's why we started "Ellen Salutes Your Scares."
所以我们发起了“艾伦为你的惊吓喝彩”
If you film yourself scaring your friends or coworkers or family or whoever,
如果你拍到了吓唬朋友 同事 家人的视频
post it on EllenTube app, and we're going to share it, because sharing is caring.
请在EllenTube软件上晒出来 我们会跟大家分享的 因为分享就是爱