(单词翻译:单击)
I hope you had a good summer. I was working most of the summer.
希望大家这个夏天都过得愉快 我多数时间都在工作
I'm always working, because I like to keep busy, and I have expensive taste in real estate.
我一直都在工作 因为我喜欢忙碌的感觉 还在房地产领域有昂贵的体验
But I did take one vacation.
不过我也休了个假
It was a lifelong dream of mine, and I went to Rwanda to see the mountain gorillas.
那是我一生的梦想 我去了卢旺达 去看山地大猩猩
And I'm sure you remember last season Portia gave me an amazing birthday gift.
大家肯定记得上一季的时候 波西娅送了我一个超棒的生日礼物
The Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund is being set up.
艾伦·德杰尼勒斯野生动物基金会正在建立
We're building a campus in Rwanda to help continue the work of one of my idols, Dian Fossey.
我们在卢旺达建立基地 继续完成我的偶像黛安·弗西(动物学家)的事业
So in June-- yes.
所以六月的时候 没错
So in June, Portia and I went to Africa, and before we went to Rwanda we went to a few countries.
六月 我和波西娅去了非洲 在去卢旺达之前 我们去了几个国家
We went to Kenya. We stayed at a place called Giraffe Manor.
我们去了肯尼亚 在一个叫做长颈鹿庄园的地方待了会儿
It is a hotel where this herd of giraffes hang out.
那是个酒店 有一群散养的长颈鹿
They come and visit the property.
它们来拜访了这座房子
They're free to go anywhere they want, but they come there a lot.
它们可以随意去任何地方 但它们经常到这儿来
It's an amazing place. It smells a little giraffey, but it's still amazing.
那里超级棒 闻起来有长颈鹿的味道 但还是很棒
And you're so close to the giraffes you-- and when I say close, I mean really close.
你可以离长颈鹿超级近 我说近是指真的很近
That giraffe, it-- listen. Yeah.
那个长颈鹿 嗯 对
It was cute and all, but it ate so much the bill for breakfast, $400.
非常可爱 但它胃口很大 早餐吃掉了400美元
Just for breakfast.
就一顿早餐
I couldn't believe how comfortable they were around people, and then I saw this other camera angle and, yeah.
难以置信它们在人类周围那么自在 然后我就看到了摄像机的另一个角度 对
How did I fall for that? Urg.
我怎么会上了这个当呢 啊
So then I went to Rwanda, and it is hard to describe how amazing my experience was.
然后我去了卢旺达 无法用语言形容那种经历有多棒
If you get a chance to go to Rwanda, I urge you.
如果你有机会去卢旺达 那一定要去
The country is amazing, the people are amazing, and everyone said,
这个国家太美了 那里的人也很棒 所有人都说
when you see the gorillas you're going to see-- they're going to be very, very close.
如果你见到了大猩猩 它们会离你非常非常近
And they were right. You're very close to them.
确实是这样 你会离大猩猩特别近
But before you go to look for the gorillas the guides give you a few rules, and the first rule is,
但在你去找大猩猩之前 导游会先跟你说一些规则 第一条就是
don't ever whatever you do, point, because gorillas take that as a sign of aggression.
不管你做什么 都不要用手去指 因为大猩猩会把这当成是挑衅
So when we came across-- this was the first gorilla that we saw.
当我们遇到 这是我们看到的第一只大猩猩
No pointing, no pointing. No pointing.
不要指 不要指 不要指
No pointing. Got it, no pointing. Luckily he didn't seem to mind.
不能指 明白了 不能指 幸运的是 它好像并不介意
All these gorillas have been around humans for their entire lives, so they're used to people.
所有大猩猩一辈子都在跟人打交道 所以他们已经习惯了人类的存在
And it's a small group usually, only like eight people or so.
通常只去一小群人 八个人左右
But they're still wild animals, and they're large, so you'd never know what's going to happen.
但它们毕竟是野生动物 而且很庞大 所以谁都不知道可能会发生什么
So here's a situation we were in. We heard something approaching.
我们当时遇到了这种情况 我们听到有东西靠近
We could hear the crackling of bushes, and our guide said everybody stay still.
能听到灌木丛的吱呀声 导游让所有人都不要动
We didn't know what was coming, and then this came through.
我们不知道是什么东西在接近 然后它就出现了
He's 47 years old. He's joining that. It's OK.
它已经47岁了 它要加入 没关系的
So you can see how close we were, and we're all trying-- there's the guy trying to cover me.
大家可以看到我们离得有多近 这个人想保护我
He runs to me to try to protect me.
他跑到我那边去保护我
So there's Portia, and there's me and that guy that is protecting.
有波西娅 有我 还有那个想保护我的人
So now all of a sudden the gorilla decides to go this way.
突然间大猩猩决定它要从那边走
It's a silverback, by the way, which is-- that's my sister-in-law ducking down to be respectful.
这是个银背大猩猩 那是我弟妹 蹲下身来以示尊敬
And look it just bumps her as it goes past, and then he goes to get her to bring her to me.
看 它过去的时候直接撞了她一下 然后这个人去把我弟妹带到我这边
Amazing. I mean, you can imagine you're scared, because that was the first gorilla we saw after I had pointed to the other one.
太神奇了 我们很害怕 因为在我指了另一只大猩猩后 这是我们看到的第一个大猩猩
And then I was scared, but then I got so jealous that it bumped my sister in-law.
我本来很害怕的 但我又羡慕它撞了我弟妹一下
I was like, I want to be bumped by a gorilla. You heard me.
我也想被大猩猩撞一下 你没听错
Then we went back the next day, and we didn't have to hike as far.
第二天我们又回来了 不需要再跑那么远
This was a different family, a different group of gorillas, and it's like they knew we were coming.
有另一个家族 另一群大猩猩 它们好像知道我们要来一样
They were just waiting for us, and then they asked for tickets to 12 Days.
它们在等我们 然后问我们要12 Days的门票
So this is a different group, like I said.
这是另一群大猩猩
And while we were watching, this is a silverback, another silverback from another group.
我们在那儿看的时候 这是一只银背大猩猩 另一个族群里的另一只大猩猩
So you're supposed to duck down, it's respectful.
应该要蹲下来 表示尊敬
I ask people to do that around me.
我让我周围的人都那么做
So you can see, it's getting closer, so we decide that we're going to move away.
大家可以看到 它离的越来越近了 所以我们得走远点
So we move away, and my friends were up there near it, and they move away.
我们走远了点 我的朋友们在上面不远处 他们也走远了点
Now this is like as close as I am to you right now.
这个距离就像我现在跟你们的距离一样
We just couldn't believe-- and he just wanted to eat some of that bush.
我们不敢相信 它只是想吃那儿的草
Everyone else had left, and Portia and I are just right there.
别人都走了 就剩下我跟波西娅
They're in the car, driving away, and we're just--
他们坐车走了 我们就...