(单词翻译:单击)
Forced marriage, child marriage, these are real problems here in the United States and nobody else is paying any attention to this.
逼婚,童婚,这些都是美国现实存在的问题,然而,除了我们,没有人关注这个问题 。
We like to think of the United States as being far advanced when it comes to women's rights and girl's rights,
我们往往觉得美国在保护妇女权利和女孩儿的权利方面已经非常先进了,
but, in the decade 2000 to 2010, almost a quarter of a million children were married in the United States and nobody was talking about this.
然而,2000年至2010年的十年间美国有近25万名儿童踏入婚姻,却没有任何人提及此事 。
Child marriage right now is legal in 48 U.S. states. Is that okay? No!
美国有48个州童婚都是合法的 。这样行吗?不行!
Somebody needed to do something.
总要有人站出来做点儿什么 。
I stepped up because I have been through it myself, and I wanted to help.
我站出来是因为我也是受害者,我不希望大家步我的后尘 。
I grew up in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community, which is a very insular religious community.
我是在极端重视正统的犹太社区长大,那是一个非常孤立的宗教社区 。
I always knew that I would marry young, and it would be a marriage that would be arranged for me.
我一直都知道我很小就要嫁人,也知道我的婚姻会由家长包办 。
I was a clueless 19-year-old.
那时我才19岁,什么都不懂 。
I was so happy on my wedding day.
婚礼那天我高兴极了 。
I was doing everything that I had always been told I wanted to do,
一切我都是按照大人们教导的那样做的,
and then it took exactly one week for that all to come crashing down.
然而,仅仅一周,我的世界就开始崩塌了 。
My then husband flew into this, you know, violent rage, and then he threatened to kill me for the first time.
我那个时候的丈夫突然就会大发脾气,那是他第一次威胁说要弄死我 。
It was a reality check for me.
这对我来说是一次现实的检验 。
You know, it's painful but, you know, the pain you go through is part of what makes you who you are.
当时我很痛苦,但正是曾经的痛苦造就了现在的我们不是吗 。
I finally put a plan in place to get out when I was 27 because at that point things had gotten so bad.
终于,27岁那年,我实行了我预谋已久的逃跑计划,因为那时我的日子已经完全过不下去了 。
So it was a five year escape plan.
那个计划花了我五年的时间 。
It was terrifying and so lonely, and there was no one who supported me.
过程非常可怕,也无比孤单,因为没有一个人支持我帮我 。
Everyone I knew had declared me dead.
我认识的所有人都说我已经死了 。
And everyone in the outside world could not possibly understand this process that I was going through;
外面也没有一个人能理解我当时的经历;
but, I got divorced, and I was able to rebuild my life from scratch.
不过好在我离婚了,我能够从头开始,开启新的人生 。
