(单词翻译:单击)
Anyway, it's September. And you know what that means.
现在九月份了 大家知道这意味着什么
It's time to start talking about Christmas
该讨论圣诞节了
You're excited about that. I'm so glad you're excited about that.
你们很激动啊 我很高兴你们很激动
To most people, it's stressful. But for you, it's very exciting.
对多数人而言 圣诞节很有压力 但对你们来说却很激动
I bring it up because-- I don't know if you heard--
我说这个是因为 不知道你们有没有听过
Amazon is announcing they are selling 7-foot Christmas trees.
亚马逊宣布他们开始卖7英尺的圣诞树了
Real Christmas trees. Amazon.
真的圣诞树 亚马逊
So years from now, families can reminisce about the beautiful tradition where they'd gather around together and say, "Alexa, buy me a tree."
从今往后很多年 家人们都要追忆所有人围在一起说“Alexa 请给我买棵树”这个美丽的传统了
It's always fun to go pick out a tree. That's part of it.
选树总是很有趣 这是精髓所在
Anyway, it got me thinking how much shopping has changed over the years, because in the old days, there was like, a general store.
总之 这让我想到这些年购物发生的巨大转变 以前的时候 有杂货店
It was just a general store. And that's where you'd go to buy-- nothing specific.
就是个杂货店 人们会去那里买 各种东西
You just, generally speaking, needed stuff.
各种你需要的东西
And it was kind of awkward, because everything was in that store.
其实还有点尴尬 因为所有东西都在一家店里
So you'd go. And I'm looking for some baby formula and moonshine and a thong.
你可能去买婴儿奶粉 月光情人和丁字裤
So different stores popped up after that.
后来出现了各种商店
They had the five and dimes and Woolworth's.
有五角和伍尔沃斯
And eventually, someone invented the mall.
最后终于有人发明了商场
I believe it was Jebediah Cinnabon.
我想应该是Jebediah Cinnabon
That was his name. And for the first time, we had stores to choose from.
他叫这个名字 我们第一次有了选择商店的权利
And seniors finally had a place to walk-- get their steps in. So that was good.
老年人也有了散步场所 可以管闲事的地方 这很好
And, kids, you won't believe this.
孩子们 你们不会相信这个的
But many years ago, the only way to buy something was to go to a store.
但是很多年前 买东西唯一的办法就是去商店
But then, Al Gore invented the internet.
但后来 阿尔戈尔发明了互联网
And now, you can shop in the comfort of your own home.
现在 大家可以舒服的在家里购物了
And I'm not saying you should do it, but it's fun getting packages that you don't remember ordering.
不是说大家就该这么做啊 但是收到你自己都不记得订了的包裹还挺好玩儿的
Who got me a telescope? Oh, that was me. I was drunk. I don't know.
谁给我寄了个望远镜?哦 是我自己啊 我买的时候醉了 不记得了
But even online shopping is much, much too hard for some people.
但就算是网购对某些人来说难度也有点大
So now there are personal shoppers. And here's what they do.
所以现在出现了购物顾问 他们做这些事
Well, you fill out a questionnaire, then they send you stuff.
你填一个调查问卷 然后他们把东西寄给你
And you keep what you want, and you send back the rest.
你留下自己想要的 剩下的再寄回去
And of course, if you're too lazy to shop, you're probably too lazy to send it back.
当然了 如果你连购物都懒得弄 那你肯定也懒得把剩下的东西寄回去了
So that's how they get you.
所以他们就来抓你了
Anyway, I thought I would like to be someone's personal shopper today.
总之 今天我想当别人的购物顾问
And I was just watching you before the show started in.
节目开始前 我一直在观察你们
And I'm going to help somebody. And not to say you need anything.
我要帮个人 不是说你需要买东西
It's not because of what you're wearing.
不是因为你穿的不好
But, young lady, you, right here.
而是 年轻的女士 你 那位
Hello, hi. Hello. I like what you have on.
嗨 嗨 嗨 我喜欢你身上的衣服
So it's got nothing to do with that. Thank you.
所以这跟你的衣服没有丝毫关系 谢谢
Why are you backing away from me?
你为什么要往后退啊
Come stand here. Hi. Hi.
站这里 嗨 嗨
First of all, let me learn about you, because you were just supposed to fill out a questionnaire.
首先 我要了解你 因为你本来应该填一个调查问卷的
Let's just keep going back and forth like this and then back like this while we talk.
我们聊天的时候就这么来回拉锯吧
It's like we're dancing almost. Yes. So what is your name?
感觉像在跳舞 你叫什么
I'm Dara Dextrace. Hi, Dara. Hello. Dextrace? Yes.
Dara Dextrac 嗨 Dara 嗨 Dextrace?对
That's a good name. Thanks. And where do you live?
名字很好啊 谢谢 你来自哪里?
I live in California, northern California. Uh-huh. Yeah, don't get too specific.
加利福尼亚 加利福尼亚北部 啊哈 别说太详细了
Yeah. All right. And then, OK, let me ask you some more questions.
嗯 好 好 我先问你一些问题
You keep, here-- I'm sorry.
你一直 不好意思
What do you do for a living? I was a teacher.
你是干什么的 以前是老师
And I am a stay-at-home mom now.
现在是全职妈妈
Right, because you kept backing away. That's why.
对 难怪你一直往后退 这就是原因
Yeah. Probably. Yes. So, OK, kids, today you are going to learn this.
嗯 或许吧 好 孩子们 今天你们可看好了
And then but before you knew it, you were gone.
不过在你们知道之前 你就不见了
And you thought you were fired, but you actually just walked away.
你以为你被炒鱿鱼了 其实是因为你走太远
All right, I'm going to ask you some things about shopping.
好 我先问你几个关于购物的问题
When you wear things, what do you like to accentuate the most?
穿衣服的时候 你最想突出身体的哪个部位
Your arms, your legs, your badonkadonk? Well, lately, it's my waist.
胳膊 腿 臀部 最近 我比较喜欢突出腰部
Uh-huh. High rise jeans, mom jeans, I guess, are my favorite right now.
啊哈 高腰牛仔裤 妈妈牛仔裤之类的 现在最喜欢
OK, great, OK. Yeah. And do you like clothes that are stylish?
好 很好 好 嗯 你喜欢流行的衣服吗
Yes, I do. OK, so you'd prefer stylish over not stylish.
喜欢 好 你喜欢流行的而不是过时的
Of course. OK, would you prefer comfortable clothes or not comfortable clothes?
当然 好 喜欢舒服的还是不舒服的
Comfortable, comfortable.
舒服的 舒服的
Now, would you prefer something that's reasonably priced or way too expensive?
你喜欢价格实惠还是很贵的?
Expensive-- just kidding, no. Very affordable, right now.
很贵——开玩笑的 不 现在喜欢非常实惠的
Very affordable. Yeah, OK, good. All right, I have just the thing for you.
实惠的 好 很好 好 我有非常适合你的衣服
And you're going to really, really like this. OK.
你绝对会非常喜欢的 好
So I have a new line called EV1. It stands for "everyone."
我有新产品上线了 叫EV1 代表“每个人”
And it's available at Walmart. And you're going to love my t-shirts.
现在可以在沃尔玛买到 你一定会喜欢我的T恤的
There's cute t-shirts. There's cute jeans.
有可爱的T恤 可爱的牛仔裤
There are the denims that you're talking about.
还有你说的那种牛仔裤
There we go. And then also like, this jacket I'm wearing.
还有我穿的这种夹克
This is my jacket. See? It's gorgeous. I love it.
这是我的夹克 看到了吧 我很喜欢
OK, so they are everything. They're stylish, comfortable, affordable, all that stuff.
好 具备一切特点 它们时尚 舒适 实惠等等
And here's $1,000-- What? Are you kidding? --to go shopping.
这是一千美元 什么?不是吧?你可以去买东西
Thank you. Yeah. Thank you so much.
谢谢 嗯 非常感谢你
You're welcome. You're welcome. I appreciate that.
不客气 不客气 谢谢你
All right, now you can back to your seat.
好 现在可以回你座位了
And I want everybody here to look stylish and be comfortable as well.
我想让所有人都时髦又舒适
So you're all getting a $150 gift card for Walmart. You're welcome.
所以每个人都将获得150美元的沃尔玛购物卡 不客气