(单词翻译:单击)
There are many myths attached to obsessive-compulsive disorder.
关于强迫症有很多谬传 。
People often simplify it and believe that it has to do with cleanliness and organization.
人们关于强迫症的想法很单一,他们认为强迫症和清洁、整理有关 。
As the child of a mother who struggles with it, I can confirm that this is not true.
我的母亲患有强迫症,我可以确定的告诉大家,这些都不是真的 。
Once my mother sought out a psychiatrist to be professionally diagnosed and treated,
我的母亲接受专业诊断和治疗后,
her lifestyle has improved significantly.
她的生活有了很大的改善 。
I'm proud of her for taking such a big important step and will continue to provide support.
我很自豪,她能迈出这么一大步并继续接受治疗 。
We created this video to bring awareness to this highly misunderstood mental disorder.
我们制作本期视频是为了提高大家对这个被误解的精神障碍的意识 。
We hope it can reduce stigma and make it easier to talk about.
我们希望本期视频可以减少患者的耻辱感,让患者可以轻松谈论他们的病情 。
Here are five highly misunderstood facts you need to know about OCD.
以下是对强迫症(OCD)的常见五种误解 。
1. Germophobia does not define OCD.
1. 细菌恐惧症(洁癖)不能定义OCD 。
This is perhaps the most common misconception about OCD.
这或许是关于OCD最普遍的误解 。
Psychologist Barbara Markway states that she's worked with patients with OCD who aren't afraid of germs at all.
心理学家芭芭拉·马克威表示她的OCD患者中就有那些完全不害怕细菌的 。
While it is true that some can be fixated on cleaning and organizing,
没错,虽然一些患者确实会专注于整洁,
many others face different obsessions such as flicking a switch on and off,
但其他患者则面对着不同的强迫心理,比如开关灯、
turning knobs on stoves and opening and closing doors.
拧煤气炉以及开关门 。
My mother does all three of these and also taps her fingers repeatedly on surfaces.
我们母亲就以上三种强迫心理,她还会反复用手指敲打表面 。
2. Stress does not cause OCD.
2. 压力不会引起OCD 。
It's more than just your average worrying:
真实情况比你想的还要糟糕:
when someone has OCD they can't relax when their fears and anxiety cloud their judgments.
当他们的恐惧和焦虑影响他们的判断力时,他们就无法放松下来 。
Consequently, people with OCD often feel stuck, helpless and overwhelmed
因此,OCD患者常感到困惑、无助、惊吓
which is where their obsessions kick in.
这时他们的强迫心理就产生了 。
Before seeking treatment, my mother lived through dark days
在寻求治疗之前,我的母亲生活在黑暗之中
stating that even when she felt like dropping dead she couldn't stop her rituals.
即使她觉得让这一切都去死吧,也无法停止她的仪式感 。
They tore her apart making her feel like she had no choice but to repeat them again and again.
这些摧毁了她,让她觉得除了一次又一次的重复,别无他法 。
It's like being haunted but by the voices in your head.
就像是被脑海里的声音缠住
3. Relaxing does not treat OCD.
3. 放松治愈不了OCD 。
Just like anxiety and depression, OCD doesn't simply disappear at one's will.
和焦虑症及抑郁症一样,OCD不以某个人的意志为转移 。
Telling someone to stop their obsessions, compulsions and rituals altogether is not only insensitive but absurd.
告诉某人停止他们的强迫心理、强迫和仪式感不仅没有用而且还很荒谬 。
People with OCD have regions in their brain that are structured differently than those who do not have it.
OCD患者的脑海中的区域和其他人的组织结构不一样 。
If you know someone struggling with OCD, nurture understanding
如果你知道这是个OCD患者,理解他们
and let them know treatment options are available such as psychotherapy and medication.
让他们知道可以选择接受治疗,比如心理疗法和药物疗法 。
My mother does both in order to maximize effective results.
我的母亲为了得到最大化的效果,选择了进行两种治疗 。
4. OCD isn't always obvious.
4. OCD不总是那么明显 。
Similar to anxiety and depression, there are hidden signs to OCD as well.
和焦虑症以及抑郁症相似,OCD也有很多隐藏的迹象 。
You'd be surprised to know that some of the most put together successful people out there are silently struggling with OCD.
你或许会惊讶,那些成功的人居然在默默的与OCD抗争 。
They fear letting others in, afraid that they will be judged for having it.
他们不敢让别人知道,害怕他们会被评头论足 。
People with OCD have trouble tuning out their inner criticism so they drown in perfectionism.
OCD患者无法消除内心的批判,所以他们沉浸在完美理论中 。
On the surface, they might look like they're doing well but inside it's always a different story when they're gasping for air.
表面上他们很棒,但是心内又是另一番故事 。
5. OCD doesn't make you more productive in life.
5. OCD不会让你在生活中更多产 。
OCD does not make someone's work ethic better.
OCD不会让一个人在工作表现更好 。
Before my mom sought treatment,
在我的母亲接受治疗之前,
I'd watch her lose hours of sleep doing tasks such as completing house chores and running errands.
我看着她好几个小时不睡觉只为了做这些任务,比如做家务、做一些琐碎的事 。
Then I'd see her rush to work last minute because she felt like she couldn't put those things down.
然后我又看着她冲忙工作到最后一刻,因为她觉得她放不下那些事情 。
Now, OCD no longer controls her and she feels like she has a say on what happens.
现在,OCD不再控制她,她感觉她终于可以自己做主 。
Her rituals, obsessions and compulsions haven't fully gone away but she can manage them better today.
她的仪式、强迫心理和强迫并没有全完摆脱,但是她可以更好地管控这一切 。
I feel like she can recognize herself again.
我觉得她可以再一次认识自己 。
Although she faced many tragedies throughout her life that made her condition worse,
虽然她一生中面对着很多让她生活失控的悲剧,
by seeking treatment, practicing self-awareness and making other lifestyle changes such as embracing nature and exercising daily,
但是通过寻求治疗、训练自我意识以及做出一些生活上的改变,比如拥抱自然、每天运动
she's found ways to fight her anxiety, she's come a long way
她发现了对抗焦虑的方法,虽然前路还很长,
and if you're someone who struggles with OCD as well, we want to remind you that it doesn't define who you are.
如果你患有OCD,那么我们想要提醒你,强迫症不能定义你是谁 。
Which of these facts did you find most helpful or interesting? Please leave your thoughts down below.
以上这些你觉得哪一点最有帮助或最有趣?请在下方评论告知 。
If you or someone else you know struggles with OCD, we have provided some useful sources that can be found in our description box below.
如果你或者你认识的人中有OCD患者,我们在下方提供了一些有用信息 。
Also be sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and share this video with others.
不要忘记订阅我们的频道获取更多有用信息,记得分享我们的视频 。
With your help we can reach more people to spread awareness on mental health issues. Thanks for watching!
有了大家的帮助,我们才可以向更多人传播这些关于精神障碍的意识 。感谢收看!