(单词翻译:单击)
I believed Lenny when he told me that he was in Vegas, but I needed to be sure.
当他说他在拉斯维加斯时,我相信他,但是我需要确认 。
"Who's your girlfriend? What's her name?" I asked.
“你女朋友是谁?名字叫什么?”我问 。
"Her name is Tanya. She's working here tonight. You can ask her!"
“她叫塔尼娅 。今晚也在这里工作,你可以去问她!”
I walked over to the table and found a girl sitting by herself, drinking a beer.
我走到桌子那边,发现一个女孩独自坐在那里喝着啤酒 。
"Are you Tanya?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm Tanya. What do you want, bud?"
“你是塔尼娅么?”我问道 。“我是,你想干嘛?”
"I just have a quick question for you: Where were you two days ago?"
“我就想问你一个简单的问题:两天前,你在哪?”
"Who wants to know?"
“谁想知道?”
"I'm investigating a girl who's gone missing, and I just want to clear someone of suspicion, that's all."
“我正在调查一个女孩失踪的时间,我只是想排除某些人的嫌疑,仅此而已 。”
"I was in Las Vegas with my boyfriend, Lenny, Lenny MacKay."
“我和我的男友兰尼·麦基在拉斯维加斯 。”
"That's all I needed to know. Thanks." I walked out of the bar and got back into my car.
“知道了,谢谢 。”我走出酒吧,回到车里 。
As usual, Kathy was right: Lenny wasn't involved in the kidnapping.
凯西是对的:兰尼没有参与绑架 。
I got back on the freeway and drove to my apartment. It was now 10:30 p.m. and I was tired.
我回到高速公路,驱车回到公寓 。现在是晚上十点半,我很累 。
I needed to sleep before I could continue my investigation.
继续调查之前,我需要睡一觉 。
As soon as I got into my apartment, I checked my voice mail for messages.
我一回到公寓,就查看了我的语音邮箱 。
There was only one. It was from a man with a very deep voice.
只有一条消息,是一个声音低沉的男人发来的 。
The message was short but very clear: "Darron Reeves, stop trying to find Sarah Salas!
这条消息简短而清晰:“达隆·里夫斯,不要再找萨拉·萨拉斯了!
If you don't stop looking for her now, you will die!"
不要再找她了,否则就杀了你!”