(单词翻译:单击)
If you watch my show-- and I hope you do-- you know that I like to help people in need.
如果大家看我的节目——希望如此 大家就会知道我喜欢帮助有需要的人
That's what I enjoy doing. So this next story, it was very interesting to me.
我喜欢做好事 所以今天要讲的故事 我觉得很有趣
I don't know if you heard about this or not, but Elon Musk-- you know who Elon Musk is.
不知道大家有没有听过这个 不过伊隆·马斯克 你们知道伊隆·马斯克是谁
He's the founder of Tesla, and he's been working really long hours at his factory to get those cars because they were behind schedule.
他是特斯拉创始人 他在车间里上了很长时间的班 加工车辆 因为这批货进度落后了
Anyway, he's been sleeping there on an old couch.
总之呢 他睡在那里的一个旧沙发上
And the people saw this.
人们看到了这一幕
"Not acceptable couch,"I don't know who wrote that, but somebody did.
“无法接受的沙发” 不知道谁谁写的 但某个人写了
So I don't know. They're saying it's old.
不知道 他们说沙发很旧
It probably smells like Elon's Musk.
可能闻起来像伊隆的麝香
And I'm kidding. I love Elon's Musk.
开玩笑的 我喜欢伊隆的麝香
I wore it through the '80s.
80年代我都喷的这个
A little dab behind the ears and a dab between the cleavage, and the men went wild.
耳后喷一点 胸部喷一点 男人闻到就发疯了
That's why I stopped wearing it.
所以我就不敢再用了
And so anyway, that picture leaked out, and I guess people felt sorry for Elon Musk.
言归正传 这张照片泄露出去了 我估计大家都很同情伊隆·马斯克
So they started a GoFundMe page to raise money to get him a better couch. Here it is.
所以他们发起了一个“来资助我”的主页 筹钱帮马斯克买一个更好的沙发 这就是
The goal was $1,000. They've raised almost $8,000.
筹款目标是1000美元 结果筹到了近8000美元
What is wrong with you people?
大家都是怎么了?
Why-- who is sending this man money?
为什么 都有谁给这个人捐钱了?
He's a billionaire, a billionaire with a B, which stands for "boy don't need your money."
他可是个亿万富翁啊 一个带着大写的B的亿万富翁 意思是“我不需要你的钱”
Seriously, if you send him $1, that's crazy.
说真的 如果你给他捐一分钱 那可真是疯了
You know who needs more money than Elon Musk?
你们知道谁比伊隆·马斯克更需要钱吗?
Everyone, everyone. George Clooney needs more money than Elon Musk.
任何人 随便一个人 乔治·克鲁尼(著名演员 导演)都比伊隆·马斯克更需要钱
And he's not poor, but comparatively, he is.
克鲁尼并不穷 不过相比之下 他就是穷
I mean, that's what's great about GoFundMe.
这就是“来资助我”的优点所在
You can set up and help anybody, which is I guess good, but even non-billionaires.
你可以发起帮助任何人 我觉得挺好 即便是非亿万富翁也可以
For instance, there's a woman who asked for money to get her 420 tattoo removed from her forehead, and she was asking for $800.
比如这名女子 她想筹钱把额头上的420纹身去掉 她想筹集800美元
And she's now raised over $1,000. So I'm glad for her.
现在已经筹到了1000美元 我很替她高兴
But who does that in the first place?
但一开始为什么要纹这个纹身呢?
You should never get a 420 tattoo on your forehead.
绝对不要在额头上纹个420的纹身
I have mine on my ankle, and I've never regretted it.
我的纹身在脚踝上 而且我从没后悔过
And if you're going to put your money towards something,
如果你想让你的钱花有所值
here's a good cause you can donate to.
你可以把它捐给这项伟大的事业
The Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund to save the mountain gorillas, that's what you can.
那就是拯救山地大猩猩的艾伦·德詹妮斯野生动物基金会 大家可以做这件事
I mean, if you're going to send money to get Elon Musk a new sofa, you can help me out with my gorillas.
如果你愿意花钱给伊隆·马斯克买个新沙发 那你就可以帮帮我的大猩猩
They need your help.
它们需要你的帮助
There are only 800 left, and their habitat is being destroyed.
这个物种现在只剩下800只了 而且它们的栖息地已遭到破坏
And I don't know if this is going to help, but they're sleeping on very old couches,
不知道这样做有没有用 不过它们睡在很冰冷的沙发上
and they have a tattoo of a 420 on their forehead.
额头上还有420的纹身
So please help the gorillas, please.
所以请帮帮大猩猩 拜托
A lot of people have been sending donations, and I want to thank all of you who have been sending donations.
很多人都捐款了 我想谢谢你们所有人
And it really means a lot to me, and it means a lot to the gorillas.
这对我来说意义重大 对大猩猩来说也很重要
And I noticed a lot of the donations are coming from kids, which makes me very happy.
我注意到很多捐款都来自孩子们 这让我很高兴
Here are a few. Miss Gina's kindergarten class in Los Gatos, California,
这里有几个 加州洛斯盖多斯吉娜女士的幼儿园班级
sent in $150 because they want to save the animals and protect the earth.
捐赠了150美元 因为他们想保护动物 保护地球
How sweet is that?
多善良啊
Thank you, Miss Gina's kindergarten class.
谢谢你们 吉娜女士的幼儿园班级
And then the students from Nichols School in Stratford, Connecticut, raised $400 to the Wildlife Fund.
还有 康乃迪克州斯特拉特福尼克尔斯学校的学生们给野生动物基金会捐赠了400美元
Thank you so much, really, really sweet.
非常感谢你们 真的很贴心
And Chelsea Kabanov from Hillsboro, Oregon,
还有俄勒冈州希尔斯伯勒的Chelsea Kabanov
just turned nine, and she chose to collect donations instead of getting birthday gifts.
刚满九岁 她选择筹集捐款而不是要生日礼物
How sweet is that? Chelsea, very sweet.
多么善良啊 Chelsea 很贴心
I'm going to send you a birthday gift, Chelsea.
Chelsea 我要送你一份生日礼物
We're making these, and selling them in the Ellen Shop and online.
我们制造了这些产品 在艾伦店铺和网上都有卖
And all of the money goes to saving the gorillas.
出售这些产品的所有收入都会用来拯救大猩猩
These are the t-shirts, and also, I'm going to give you-- we're selling this also,
这些是T恤 还有 我还要送你 我们也在卖这些
this adorable little gorilla with a little hoodie on because they get chilly at night.
这个可爱的小大猩猩 戴着头巾 因为 你知道 它们晚上会冷
And I signed it for you. And it says "happy birthday, Chelsea."
我还给你签名了 上面写着“生日快乐 Chelsea”
So I'm going to send it to you.
我会把它寄给你