Give Him A Break 给他一次机会
日期:2018-04-16 14:06

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "give him a break", from the movie "The Stray".
我们今天的短语是give him a break,出自电影《流浪狗》。
This film is about a busy father who is not spending enough time with his son.
这部电影是关于一位忙碌的、没有花足够的时间和自己儿子在一起的父亲的故事。
After realizing he needs to be a better father, he plans on taking his son and his friends on a camp trip.
在意识到他需要成为一个更出色的父亲之后,他计划带着儿子和自己的朋友来一场野营旅行。
Listen for the expression "give him a break".
留意听一下give him a break这个表达。
I'm wondering if your son would like to go backpacking with me and my boy.
我很好奇你的儿子愿不愿意和我还有我儿子一起背包游。
I don't need you to help me make friends.
我不需要你来帮我交朋友。
He's trying, he really is. Can you just give him a break?
他在尝试,他真的是这样。你能给他一次机会吗?
So what do you think "give him a break" means?
那么你认为give him a break是什么意思呢?
Is it: break up with him or give him a chance?
是和他分手还是给他一次机会?
Listen again. Did you have the right answer?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?

电影《流浪狗》

I'm wondering if your son would like to go backpacking with me and my boy.
我很好奇你的儿子愿不愿意和我还有我儿子一起背包游。
I don't need you to help me make friends.
我不需要你来帮我交朋友。
He's trying, he really is. Can you just give him a break?
他在尝试,他真的是这样。你能给他一次机会吗?
"Give him a break" means give him a chance.
Give him a break的意思是给他一次机会。
In the movie, the son is upset with his father and rejects his dad's efforts to make things better.
在这部电影当中,儿子对他的父亲感到很反感,并且拒绝了他父亲想要让事情变好的努力。
But his mother says "give him a break".
但是他的妈妈说:“给他一次机会”。
She means stop treating your father in such a tough way, and give him a chance.
她的意思是不要再以这种强硬的方式来对待你的父亲了,而是要给他一次机会。
If you are upset with someone, maybe it is time you give them a break.
如果你对某人很反感,可能你是时候给他们一次机会了。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。

分享到