Hitting Rock Bottom 陷入低谷
日期:2017-11-20 15:51

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "hitting rock bottom".
我们今天的短语是hitting rock bottom。
It is from "Sing", a movie with colorful animated animals.
这个短语出自一部彩色动物动画电影,《欢乐好声音》。
The film tells about animals that want to be singers, and businessman trying to save his theater.
这部电影讲述的是一些想成为歌手的动物,以及想要挽救自己剧院的商人的故事。
Listen for the saying "hitting rock bottom".
留意听一下hitting rock bottom这个短语。
Don't let fear stop you from doing the thing you love.
不要让恐惧阻止你去做你所爱的事情。
You know what's great about hitting rock bottom?
你知道陷入低谷的好处在哪里吗?
There's only one way left to go, and that's up!
那就是你只有一条路可以走,那条路就是向上!

电影《欢乐好声音》

What do you think "hitting rock bottom" means?
你觉得hitting rock bottom的含义是什么?
Is it: you are at your lowest point or you are too scared to go on?
是你在你的最低点还是你太害怕而不能继续前进?
Listen again. Did you guess the right answer?
再听一遍。你猜到正确答案了吗?
Don't let fear stop you from doing the thing you love.
不要让恐惧阻止你去做你所爱的事情。
You know what's great about hitting rock bottom?
你知道陷入低谷的好处在哪里吗?
There's only one way left to go, and that's up!
那就是你只有一条路可以走,那条路就是向上!
"Hitting rock bottom" means you are at your lowest point.
Hitting rock bottom指的是你正处于你的最低点。
This saying is often used in American English.
这个短语经常用于美式英语当中。
It can be used to describe a situation that is bad; so bad, that it cannot get any worse.
它可以被用来描述一个糟糕的情况;非常糟糕,差到不能再差了。
That is why the theater owner is right when he says, "There's only one way left to go, and that's up!"
这就是为什么当剧院主人说:“你只有一条路可以走,那条路就是向上!”时,他是正确的。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到