(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "jack up our price", from the movie called "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2".
我们今天的短语是jack up our price,出自电影《银河护卫队2》。
This is the second film about a group of Marvel Comics superheroes.
这是第二部关于漫威超级英雄小队的电影。
In it, they continue fighting threats across the universe.
在这部电影当中,他们继续打击整个宇宙中的邪恶势力。
Listen for the saying "jack up our price".
留意听一下jack up our price这个短语。
So we're saving the galaxy again? Yep.
也就是说我们要再拯救一次银河系?是的。
Awesome! We're really going to be able to jack up our price if we're two-time galaxy savers!
太棒了!如果我们第二次担当了银河系的救世主,那么我们真的应该要提高一下价格了。
What do you think "jack up our price" means?
你认为jack up our price是什么意思呢?
Is it: increase prices or increase the number of things?
是提高价格还是增加东西的数量?
Listen again. Were you correct?
再听一遍。你答对了吗?
So we're saving the galaxy again? Yep.
也就是说我们要再拯救一次银河系?是的。
Awesome! We're really going to be able to jack up our price if we're two-time galaxy savers!
太棒了!如果我们第二次担当了银河系的救世主,那么我们真的应该要提高一下价格了。
"Jack up our price" means to increase prices.
"jack up our price"的意思是增加价格。
It is a common saying in American English.
这是美式英语中的一个常用说法。
The superhero says that if they save the galaxy for a second time, then the team can charge more for their services.
这位超级英雄说,如果这是他们第二次拯救银河系,那么这个团队就要收取更高的服务费了。
In real life, a big increase in price is not a good thing for the person paying it.
在现实生活当中,价格的大幅上涨,对付款的人来说并不是一件好事。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。