(单词翻译:单击)
For 31 years I have been acting in major motion pictures and TV series, but you may not recognize my face.
我出演大型动作片和电视剧已经有31年了,但你可能还不认识我 。
I'm Doug Jones. I am an actor.
我是道格·琼斯 。我是一名演员 。
I got into acting out of a need, almost, to be validated.
我走上演艺之路差不多是因为想得到大家的认可 。
And it was at Ball State University that I discovered the art of mime.
在博尔州立大学上学时,我发现了模仿这门艺术 。
It was a very visual form of communication and entertainment.
模仿是视觉效果非常鲜明的沟通和娱乐方式 。
Little did I know that this would be early training grounds for the career that I was going to have in later years. I had no idea.
那时我根本不知道模仿会为我后来的事业奠定基本功 。完全不知道 。
After moving out to Hollywoodland in March of 1985, I'm thinking, “Okay, now's the time to pursue “this acting thing.”
1985年三月搬到好莱坞以后,我对自己说,“嗯,是时候追求所谓的‘表演’了 。”
My fourth booking was for a McDonald's campaign.
我接到的第四个拍摄项目是拍麦当劳的一个促销活动 。
That got my kinda hooked into, oh, he's that tall, skinny guy who wears stuff and moves well in it, and doesn't complain while doing so.
就是从那个广告开始,我给大家的印象就一直是“噢,他就是那个高高瘦瘦的,穿上那些道具服装还能走得很顺利,也很少抱怨的那个演员噢 。”
My first feature film was Batman Returns.
我拍的第一个故事片是《蝙蝠侠归来》 。
I got that audition because of my contortive legs.
我拿到那个试镜是因为我的腿柔韧性很好 。
In the credits it says, Thin Clown, which kind of, it's kind of self descriptive, isn't it?
职员表里把我写成了“瘦小丑”,不过,这个名字还挺贴切不是吗 。
I have been in over 150 productions.
我拍过的作品已经有150多部了 。
That would include everything from feature films like “Hocus Pocus,” “Hellboy I”, “Hellboy II: The Golden Army.”
其中包括《人吓鬼》、《地狱男爵1》、《地狱男爵2:黄金军团》等等 。
The faun in “Pan's Labyrinth” was a page turning career moment for me.
饰演《潘神的迷宫》里的农牧神对我的职业生涯来说可谓是一个转折点 。
“Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer”; I played the Silver Surfer.
在《神奇四侠:银影侠崛起》里我饰演的是银影侠 。
“Star Trek: Discovery as Commander Saru.” And most recently, “The Shape of Water.”
《星际迷航:发现号》里饰演的是萨鲁长官 。我最近出演的电影是《水形物语》 。
So when asked about how long does the makeup take, it, depending on the creature,
关于化妆的时间,这要取决于具体的角色 。
it can be anything from a suit going on and zipping up the back or a makeup that is applied to you from head to toe.
从穿特定的服装,套上后背的装备,到从头到脚一整套的妆容,都需要时间 。
For instance, as Commander Saru on “Star Trek: Discovery,” it's around two hours a day, which is mercifully short.
比如,《星际迷航:发现号》的萨鲁长官这一角色一天要化差不多两个小时的妆,这已经算轻松的了 。
Flip side would be an Abe Sapien from the “Hellboy” movies. So that's one of the longer ones. That took seven hours a day.
其他时候则要准备更长时间,比如《地狱男爵》一天的妆容就要化7个小时 。
Wearing rubber bits, that gets everything that you think it would be.
套那些橡胶皮套,想扮什么就是都能扮出来 。
It is hotter than you want to be, it is heavier than you want it to be, it is more isolating than you want it to be,
但套上之后比想象的闷热,比想象的重,也比想象的更束缚人 。
you can't always get access to your naughty bits to go pee if you want.
连上厕所都不能想上就上 。
Why go through all of this makeup application, the time that it takes? You can create monsters with VFX now.
现在明明用特效就能做出那些怪兽,干嘛还浪费这么长的时间化妆呢?
I think people like to watch other people, so even if that person is playing a monster,
因为在我看来,观众还是更喜欢看人,即便那个人演的是一个怪兽,
they wanna connect with a human's interpretation and performance of that monster.
他们想看的是一个人对那个怪兽的解读和演绎 。
It's old school cinema magic.
算是旧式的剧院魔力吧 。
I kind of get the best of both worlds when it comes to being a public celebrity.
作为公众人物,我应该算是名人和普通人两个世界都享受了吧 。
The bigger movies I've been in, and the bigger things that I'm known for, I look like this,
在我演的那些大片里,在让我成名的那些角色里,我是这个样子的,
and then on the street, I'm just a tall, skinny guy. That's a gift.
走在大街上,我又只是一个高高瘦瘦的普通人而已 。这是上天赐予我的礼物 。
Now that I'm in a movie like “The Shape of Water” with 13 Oscar nominations,
因为出演了《水形物语》这种拿了13项奥斯卡提名的大片,
I'm getting recognized in public a little bit more.
被大家认出来的机会也多了一点 。
But it's still not to the point where I, where I have people hiding in my bushes, hoping to get a snapshot of me topless.
但是还没到大家躲到我家院墙下偷拍我裸体的程度 。
That's not happening yet.
这种事我还没遇到过 。