人去世了纹身怎么保留下来
日期:2017-11-16 14:30

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
DKMF^6ii18Q)l|w**88O1v9k+=.rTFiZ

Thirty-five percent of Americans between 18 and 45 have at least one tattoo on their body.
美国18-45岁年龄段的人群中,有35%的人至少都有一个纹身
Well upon your death, those tattoos are gone,
一旦离开人世,他们身上的纹身也就消失了
they're only permanent as long as you're alive.
这些纹身只有在你活着的时候才会存在
but then they're gone.
你一死,它们也就消失了
We've changed that world.
我们改变了这种局面
So, all of these tattoos used to be on someone's body.
所有的这些纹身都是从某个人身上取下来的
Yes, everyone of them.
是的,每一个都是
Charles Hamm has a lot of tattoos.
查尔斯·哈姆身上有很多纹身
I'm the Executive Director and Chairman of the Board of the National Association for the Preservation of Skin Art.
我是国家体绘保护协会的董事长和执行理事
We call it NAPSA.
我们把这个协会叫“NAPSA”
You know, I got all these beautiful tattoos
你知道吗,我身上纹的纹身都很漂亮
and I'm going to get cremated when I die, and everything goes up in smoke.
但我死了就要被火化,这些纹身都会灰飞烟灭
So, all the meaning, all the things that people know about me
那这些纹身的意义,人们对我的了解
that are close to me are gone as well.
我亲近的东西统统都会消失
So Charles, which tattoo do I get? I can't tell you buddy.
嘿,查尔斯,有没有纹身留给我啊?这个我可说不好啊,哥们儿
Most of my upper body's claimed.
上半身的基本上都有人订了
So, why would anyone want their tattoos cut off and hung on a wall for posterity?
为什么有人想要在死后把自己身上的纹身取下来留给后人挂在墙上呢?
This is Shelly Krajny.
这是雪莉·克拉亚尼
ttaata

*xnaeSMjT*V,lOWaZ@

She's one of NAPSA's first members.
她是NAPSA最早的会员之一
I was really nervous, um, when I first got my tattoo done to show my mom.
第一次给我妈妈看我的纹身的时候我紧张得要命
The first thing that she said when she saw it was that,
但她看到之后,她说
like, It's so beautiful, I wish that I could like hang that on my wall.
她觉得特别美,美得她都想把它挂在墙上
This is on my body forever.
这个纹身会跟我一辈子
Now, it can be part of someone else' story forever thanks to NAPSA.
现在,有了NAPSA帮忙,这个纹身还能成为别人的故事的一部分
Here's how it all works.
方法是这样
Within hours of person's death, NAPSA will mail preservation kit to their family.
在客户去世后的数小时内,PAPSA会给会员的家人寄一个保鲜盒
The mortician will then cut off the tattooed skin
接下来殡仪馆的工作人员帮忙把纹有纹身的皮肤取下来
and apply NAPSA's embalming solution.
用NAPSA的防腐材料保护起来
The tattoo is then mailed to NAPSA's headquarters
并将纹身寄回NAPSA总部
inside this office complex, just outside of Cleveland, Ohio.
也就是俄亥俄州克利夫兰市郊的这栋办公楼,
This is where they finish processing the tattoo.
在这里NAPSA的工作人员会完成最后的处理工作
It's no longer skin now.
现在它已经不再是皮肤了
It has the look of leather but it feels like parchment paper.
现在这个纹身看着像一副皮革,但摸上去手感像仿羊皮纸
Finally, NAPSA sends the framed tattoo to the beneficiary.
最后,NAPSA会把框好的纹身寄给收藏者
Everybody thought I was crazy, at first in my family
大家都觉得我疯了,首先是我的家人
but they quickly came to realize this is beautiful thing,
但他们很快就意识到这是一件很美好的事情
and they've claimed their tattoos.
他们还问我要了我身上的纹身
I have a gorilla on my chest.
我的胸上纹了一只猩猩
And gorillas are known for protecting all their females in their group,
猩猩以保护族群的雌猩猩闻名
and my wife's name resides under that.
纹的这只猩猩下面有我妻子的名字
That's... Excuse me. That's my way of saying that I'm protecting my wife.
这是……抱歉……我是在用我自己的方式表达我会保护我妻子
This gorilla's overlooking her.
这只猩猩会守护她
So upon my passing, that put in a frame, sitting above a fireplace,
所以,我去世以后,把这只猩猩裱起来,放在壁炉上
will remind her of me every time that she looks at it.
只要我妻子看到它就能想起我
And that's really what this is about.
这就是我做这件事的初衷

z)K*b)C;]l;pY[zV.@.xLNQzhsv;y9Ehq&gX(bz
分享到