(单词翻译:单击)
As you know my birthday is this week and I've been getting a lot of amazing letters from my viewers.
大家知道我这周就要过生日了 我收到了观众寄来的很多超棒的信件
Thank you. So I want to read one of the letters that I've gotten--
谢谢你们 我想赌一下其中的一封信
"Good morning Miss Ellen, my name is Noah Copeland.
“早上好 艾伦女士 我叫诺亚·科普兰
And I'm a supply officer in the United States Navy.
我是美国海军的一名补给军官
First of all, I want to wish you a happy birthday. I'm currently deployed overseas.
首先 祝你生日快乐 现在我被部署在海外
But I make sure my girlfriend keeps me up to date on what's happening with the show.
不过我一直让女友及时告知我节目的最新内容
My beautiful girlfriend, Maura, has got to be your biggest fan. She watches your show every day.
我那美丽的女友 莫拉 一定是你最大的粉丝 她每天都会看你的节目
And I know that you are the reason that she's been able to get through this deployment.
我知道你就是她能撑过这段调度期的精神支柱
I was supposed to come back at the end of January. But things keep getting pushed back.
我本应该在一月底就回国 但归期却一再被拖延
And now I'm not sure when I'm going to be home.
现在我也不知道自己何时才能回家
Since I can't be there with her I know nothing would make her happier than getting to celebrate your birthday with you at your show.
因为我不能陪在她身边 我知道最能让她开心的办法就是让她上节目和你一起庆祝生日
Either way thanks for keeping my girl company while on the way.
不管怎样 谢谢你在我离开的日子里陪伴着她
We love you." And Maura's here. Come here Maura.
我们爱你” 莫拉就在这里 上来吧莫拉
Hi. Hey Maura. Where do you live? Oh my g-- Oh here let me get to you-- Sorry. --that.
嗨 嘿莫拉 你来自哪里?哦天 给你点纸巾 不好意思
I live in San Diego, California, right now. But we moved here about a year and a half ago. From?
我现在住在加州圣地亚哥 不过我们是大约一年半之前搬过来的 从哪里搬来的?
Massachusetts. Massachusetts. So you moved to San Diego and then he got deployed pretty much right away, right?
马萨诸塞州 马萨诸塞州 那你们是搬到圣地亚哥后不久他就被调走了 对吧?
Yeah, like five months after. Five months after.
对 差不多五个月后 五个月后
So did you have friends there? Did you know anybody there?
你在那里有朋友吗?有认识的人吗?
No, so it was all just really all of a sudden.
没有 一切都很突然
Like he went into work on a Friday and then he came home from work that Friday, and they were like you are going on Sunday.
那天周五他去工作 下班回家后他们就说你周日就得动身出发
So he had two days to pack up his whole life, basically.
那他就只有两天时间来跟现在的生活告别
And just leave for a year. And he's been gone for over a year right now.
然后要离开一整年 他现在已经走了一年多了
Oh my god, that's so hard. And where is he now?
天哪 这对你来说太难了 他现在在哪里?
It's called Diego Garcia, it's an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
在迪戈加西亚岛 是印度洋上的一座岛屿
And there's-- it's like a military owned island so even if I wanted to go visit, I can't go visit him and he can't come home.
那座岛屿属于军方拥有 就算我想去看他也不行 他也不能回家
And you can't meet halfway or anything? No. Oh my god.
你们不能在两地之间的某个地方会面吗?不能 天
So you watch the show. And does he also watch the show? Or do you make him watch the show?
你一直看我的节目 他也看吗?或者你会逼他看嘛?
I'm like a huge fan. I can't even believe this is happening right now.
我是超级大粉儿 我都不敢相信我能上节目
But because I'm such a fan I've made him a fan, basically.
但是因为我是真爱粉 所以我也把他变成了个大粉丝
We've been watching together while he's been away.
他离开的时候我们一直都是一起看节目
I will FaceTime him when I'm watching.
我看的时候会跟他视频通话
You FaceTime him while you're watching the show, so he's watching it with you FaceTime?
你看节目的时候跟他视频通话 这样他也能看节目?
Yeah, yeah. That's expensive isn't it? I know. That's so sweet.
对 对 那肯定很贵吧?是的 太感人了
All right, so when is he coming home? He just said it keeps getting pushed back but-- We don't know.
好 他什么时候回家呢?他只是说一直在拖延 我们也不知道
Especially because the government just shut down all the flights that were leaving there got canceled.
尤其是政府关门 所有从那里起飞的飞机都被取消了
And he can't leave so I have no idea when he is coming home.
他不能走 我也不知道他什么时候能回来
You know the ripple effect of the government getting shut down, you think it's one thing and it's like even that.
你知道政府关门的连锁效应 你以为是这样 没想到它连那也能影响
That's horrible. It's really sad. All right, well he said he wanted you to be at my birthday show, right?
太可怕了 很难过 他说他想让你来我的生日对吧?
Yeah. This is not my birthday show, but I want you to be at my birthday show.
对 今天不是我生日的那一期 但我生日的那一期也希望你能来
So bring Maura the tickets to the birthday show. What? Yes.
所以给莫拉送上生日那期节目的门票 啥?没错
Well that was just fun, wasn't it? That was just so much fun to watch.
太好玩了 对吧 看起来太好玩了
Because the audience went crazy and you're hugging me. I'm like, let's go with me and turn around.
观众们都疯了 你抱着我 我在想 快走 转过身
So why did you want to surprise her? She loves you. She loves you to death.
你为什么想给她惊喜呢?她很爱你 爱死你了
First of all, I want to say happy birthday. Thank you. Happy early birthday.
首先 先说一句生日快乐 谢谢 提前的生日快乐
Thank you. But you know, I was on deployment for a year. And she's by herself in San Diego.
谢谢 不过 我被调走了一年 她一个人留在圣地亚哥
Her sister lives in L.A. And I just wanted to do something special for her.
她妹妹住在洛杉矶 我想为她做一些很特别的事
My friends when they come back off deployment they're on the pier,
我的朋友们 他们调遣结束回国后 登上码头
and their girlfriends are there, and we weren't able to get that.
他们的女友早已候在那里 我们没法也像那样
So I just wrote in and it happened. And it happened. It happened, we made it happen.
所以我就写了封信 竟然成为现实了 成真的了 梦想成真 我们让它成为了现实
That's so good. So you had a trip planned, was it for your honeymoon, you were going to go somewhere right?
太好了 你们有一个旅行计划 是你们的蜜月之旅吗 你们是要去哪里吗?
Just because he's been gone so long, we wanted to do something special when he got home.
因为他离开了太久了 他回来的时候我们想做一些比较特别的事
So we were going to go to Puerto Rico.
本来打算去波多黎各
And actually I saw the episode, well I watch every episode, the episode with Ricky Martin when he went to Puerto Rico.
我看了那一集 当然了 我每集都看 不过我看了瑞奇·马丁去波多黎各的那一集
And we obviously had to cancel that trip because they're in shambles still.
我们肯定得取消行程了 因为那儿依然是一片废墟
But I texted him I was like, oh my god I just watched Ellen. Like this is so sad.
我给他发短信说 天啊 我刚才看了《艾伦秀》 太难过了
These poor people have absolutely nothing.
那些可怜的人们一无所有
Like I can't even believe how they're being treated.
不敢相信他们受到了怎样的待遇
It made me really sad. And I told them we have to do something.
我很难过 我告诉他们我们得做点什么
So we took all the money that we had spent towards that trip and we donated it to Ricky Martin's fund for Puerto Rico.
所以我们把为那次旅行攒下的钱全部捐给了瑞奇·马丁的波多黎各基金会
That's amazing. We just wanted to do whatever we could.
太棒了 我们想竭尽全力
I knew that our trip wasn't going to work out there. Yep.
我知道我们不可能再去那儿旅行了 嗯
Just seeing those people and the animals and everything.
看到那里的人们 动物们等等
I mean there's people that have been out of power, even are still out of power right now.
那儿的人都没有电 甚至现在都还没有电
Still, still. It's so sad. I can't believe it. Well, you're very sweet to do that.
现在还没有 太难过了 真不敢相信 你很善良
And I just love the two of you.
我喜欢你们俩
I can't give you a gift because you're not allowed to accept anything, because you in the military.
我不能送你礼物 因为你不能接受任何礼物 你是军人
But I can give you a gift. OK. And if you choose to include him that's your business.
不过我可以送你礼物 好 如果你想跟他分享那就是你的事了
Travel and Leisure named this Hawaii's resort. It's a top resort this year.
夏威夷的这处度假胜地叫做旅行和悠闲(Travel and Leisure) 它是今年顶尖的度假胜地
You're getting a six night stay at Koa Kea Hotel and Resort in Hawaii.
你们将拥有夏威夷Koa Kea酒店和度假胜地的六夜游
In an ocean front suite for you and a guest, should that be him.
有一处面朝大海的套房 欢迎您和您的客人入住 那就是他了