A Keeper 一个可以长相厮守的人
日期:2018-02-08 15:34

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "a keeper", from the film "The Wilde Wedding".
我们今天的短语是a keeper,出自电影《王尔德的婚礼》。
This funny movie is about a woman who is marrying for a second time.
这部喜剧电影是关于一个女人要二婚的故事。
And her first husband is there to see her get married.
她的第一任丈夫出现了,目睹她完婚。
Listen for the saying "a keeper".
留意听一下a keeper这个说法。
You think I'm making a mistake?
你觉得我在犯错误吗?
That's why I'm here. To make sure that this one is a keeper.
这就是为什么我在这里。我要确定这个家伙是一个可以长相厮守的人。
You are so thoughtful. As if you'd have any idea what a keeper was.
你真是太体贴了。好像你清楚一个可以长相厮守的人是什么样一样。

电影《王尔德的婚礼》

So what do you think of "keeper" means?
那么你觉得a keeper是什么意思呢?
Is it: someone to stay with for a long time or one who makes you keep looking?
是某个会伴随很长一段时间的人,还是一个人让你始终在寻找?
Listen again. Did you have the right answer?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?
You think I'm making a mistake?
你觉得我在犯错误吗?
That's why I'm here. To make sure that this one is a keeper.
这就是为什么我在这里。我要确定这个家伙是一个可以长相厮守的人。
You are so thoughtful. As if you'd have any idea what a keeper was.
你真是太体贴了。好像你清楚一个可以长相厮守的人是什么样一样。
The term of "keeper" means someone to stay with for a long time.
a keeper这个短语的含义是指某个会伴随很长一段时间的人。
Maybe even for the rest of your life.
甚至可能是伴随你的余生。
It is used when talking about a serious relationship or marrying someone.
当谈论一个正式的关系或者和某人结婚时,这个短语会用到。
If you find a keeper, it is a good thing.
如果你找到了一个keeper,那可是一件好事。
You probably want to hold on tight and keep them close.
你可能想要好好把握住,并且一直在一起。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到