(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!
This expression has been in the English Language for hundreds of years.
这个表达已经在英语语言里存在数百年了 。
Head Over Heels
神魂颠倒
Anna, thank you so much for introducing me to Caroline!
安娜,非常感谢你把我介绍给了卡洛琳!
Our first date went so well! I am head over heels in love right now!
我们的第一次约会进行地非常顺利!我现在已经神魂颠倒,沉溺于爱河中了!
I’m just glad to see you so happy!
看见你这么快乐,我真开心!
I want to climb the highest mountain and shout,‘Caroline, will you marry me?!’ Wow, you’ve got it bad.
我想登上最高的山峰然后大喊,“卡洛琳,你愿意嫁给我吗?!”哇,你得了相思病 。
But before you ask her to marry you…maybe you should ask her out on a second date.
但是在你让她嫁给你之前…你可能需要约她进行第二次约会 。
To be “head over heels” means to be so excited about something that you want to turn cartwheels, or turn upside down.
“神魂颠倒”指,对某事感到特别兴奋,以至于你想要做个侧手翻,或是做倒立 。
In our example,Jonathan is SO head over heels in love with Anna’s friend, Caroline, he wants to marry her!
在今天的例子中,乔纳森沉溺于和安娜朋友卡洛琳的爱情当中,他想要娶她!
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目 。