(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
On the Easter holiday, some American children search for painted eggs and put them in a basket.
复活节的时候,美国一些孩子会搜寻彩蛋,并把它们装在篮子里 。
Put all your eggs in one basket
把鸡蛋都放在一个篮子里 孤注一掷
Have you decided which business school to apply to?
你决定申请哪个商学院了吗?
I really, really want to go to Harvard Business School. So, I'm just applying to that one.
我真的真的很想去哈佛商学院 。所以我就申请它了 。
You are putting all your eggs in one basket.
你这是在孤注一掷啊 。
Don't you think you should apply to more than one, just in case...
你不觉得应该多申请几个学校吗,以防万一...
in case what? In case you don't get in?
以防什么万一?以防你没有被录取啊?
If you "put all your eggs in one basket", you put all of your resources in one place.
如果你“put all your eggs in one basket”,你就是把所有的资源都放在一个地方 。
If you do this, you risk losing everything.
如果你这么做,你就冒着失去一切的风险 。
We usually use this as a warning: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket!"
我们通常把它当做一种提醒:“不要把所有鸡蛋都放在同一个篮子里!”
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!