(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
A lot of American English idioms refer to parts of the body.
很多美式英语中的习语都涉及身体的某个部位 。
Get off on the wrong foot
起步便错,一开始就很不顺利
Are Anna and Jonathan having trouble learning a dance?
安娜和乔纳森在学舞方面遇到困难了吗?
How did it go meeting your girlfriend's family?
跟你女朋友家人的见面怎么样啊?
Well...it was interesting. First, I was really late...
这个嘛...挺有趣的 。首先,我迟到了很久...
Oh, Jonathan!
哦,乔纳森!
Yeah. And then, at dinner, I spilled my water all over her mother.
我知道 。然后晚饭时,我把水全洒到了她妈妈身上 。
Jonathan, it sounds like you got off on the wrong foot.
乔纳森,听起来你一开始就出乱子了 。
I haven't even gotten to the worst part...
还有更糟的呢...
If you "get off on the wrong foot," you start something new in a bad way.
如果你“get off on the wrong foot”,就是指你做某件新事情有个坏的开头 。
Sometimes it is because of a mistake you made. You can also "get off on the right foot" if things go well at the start of a new project or relationship!
有时候是因为你犯了错 。如果一项工程或者一段关系开始的很顺利,你也可以说“get off on the right foot(一开始就很顺利,良好的开端)” 。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!