如何结束一个对话
日期:2017-12-12 11:05

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Hello, I'm Niamh.And welcome to Oxford Online English!
嗨,我是 Niamh。欢迎来到 Oxford Online English!
In this lesson you can learn how to leave a conversation politely in English.
本节课,你将学习在英语中如何礼貌地结束一个对话。
Have you ever found yourself in situation where you really needed to go, but didn't know how to leave politely?
你曾经有过发现自己处于一个真的必须要走了,但是不知道如何礼貌地离开的场景吗?
Maybe another student is talking to you in the library and you have a lot of study to do, or your friend has called you and you really don't have time to talk.
或许另一学生正在图书馆里跟你说话,而你有很多功课要做,或者你的朋友打电话给你,但你真的没有时间聊天。
You want to talk to them, just not right now.
你想和他们聊天,只是不是现在。
Not to worry; there's a few simple things you can do to leave the conversation politely.
不用担心;你可以做这些简单的事情来礼貌地结束对话。
1. Use the conversation's natural rhythm.Conversations have a natural rhythm.
1. 利用对话中自然的节奏。对话里有一个自然的节奏。
You take turns, and sometimes there are short pauses.
你们轮流说话,有时候会有短暂的停顿。
These pauses are your opportunity to make your excuse and leave.
这些停顿就是你找借口离开的机会。
"Well, it's been nice talking to you but I really have to go.I 'll see you soon."
“跟你聊天很开心,但我真的得走了。我们待会见。”
You can see that when you're making an excuse it follows a pattern.
你会发现当你找借口的时候是遵循一个模板的。
You give the reason, refer to the future, then say goodbye.
你说明理由,提下未来,然后说再见。
Let's look at one more example of this: "So, great talking to you, but I have to get back to the office.Take care!"
让我们再看一个例子:“跟你聊天很好,但我必须回办公室了。保重!”
Another useful point: you can use discourse markers like 'well', 'anyway', 'alright' and 'so' when you want to leave a conversation.
另一个有帮助的要点:你可以使用话语标记比如 'well','anyway','alright' 或者 'so',在你想结束一段对话的时候。
Native speakers often use these when they want to show that a conversation is ending.
以英语为母语的人在想表示一段对话要结束了的时候经常使用这些词。
So, if you're at a party and you need to get away, you could say something like: "Alright, I'm going to get another drink.
所以,如果你在一个派对上,你需要离开了,你可以这么说:“好了,我要再去拿杯酒。
I'll see you around again soon sometime."Or: "Anyway, I should go say hi to Liz.I'll see you later!"
我们很快会有机会再聚的。”或者:“不论如何,我应该跟 Liz 打个招呼。待会见!”
But what if there aren't any pauses in the conversation?What can you do?2. Say their name.
但是如果对话中没有任何停顿该怎么办?你能做什么?2. 说出他们的名字。
Imagine you're in a conversation with someone who just won't stop talking.
假设你正在你和某人在谈话,对方一直说个不停。
You can't just interrupt them and say, 'Sorry I have to go now. Bye.' and then walk off!
你不能直接打断他们然后说:‘抱歉,我必须走了。再见。’ 然后离开。
That would be extremely rude.When someone says your name, what's your reaction?Most people stop and listen.
这是极为无礼的。当有人叫你的名字的时候,你的反应是什么?大多数人会停下来听。
This can be a good way to break into a conversation if you need to make an excuse and leave.
如果你需要找借口离开的话,这会是插入一个对话的好方法。
Imagine you're in your office and your colleague is telling you all about the big presentation the day before, but you have a lot of work to do.
假设你在办公室,你的同事正告诉你关于昨天大型报告的一切,但你有很多工作要做。
Say their name, wait for them to pause and then explain the situation.
叫他们的名字,等他们停歇,然后解释这个状况。
For example: "John, I'm really sorry but I've got lots of work to do right now.
比如:“John,我很抱歉但我现在真的有一堆工作要做。
Can you fill me in at lunch?"
你能午餐的时候再跟我详细说吗?”
This is a simple, effective way to leave a conversation politely.
这是一种简单,有效的方式来礼貌地结束对话。
What other techniques can you use?3. Act like you're keeping them from leaving.
你还可以使用什么技巧?3. 表现得好像你阻碍了他们离开。
A good trick is to turn it around by acting like the person you're talking to wants to leave.But how do you do this?
一个好方法是转换角度,表现得好像你正在谈话的对象想要离开。你怎么做到这个?
You can use a phrase like: "I'll let you go"; "I have to let you go," or, "I won't keep you any longer."
你可以用一个这样的短语:“我会让你走,”或者,“我就不再久留你了。”
So, if you find yourself on the phone with a friend who wants to have a long chat, you could say something like: "Listen, Mary, I have to let you go.
所以,如果你发现自己和一个朋友打电话,对方想要长聊时,你可以说:“听着,玛丽,我必须让你走了。
I'll call you back later.Talk to you soon!"Imagine you're in the library at university.
我待会再打给你。下次继续聊!”假设你正在大学的图书馆里。
Someone starts talking to you, but you need to get back to your revision.
某人开始跟你说话,但是你需要回去复习。
You could say something like: "Anyway, I'm sure you've got a lot to do.
你可以像这样说:“总之,我确定你还有很多事要做吧。
I won't keep you any longer.It was great talking to you!"
我就不再久留你了。跟你聊天很棒!”
Sometimes, though, you might feel bad just walking off and leaving someone standing by themselves.
有时候,尽管可能觉得直接走开或者是将某人独自留在原地不太好。
Is there anything you can do to avoid this?Yes, there is!
有任何你可以做的事来避免这样呢?是的,当然有!
4. Introduce them to someone else.This is a good idea in social situations.
4. 把他们介绍给别人。这在社交场合是一个很好的主意。
Grab a third person and introduce them to the person you're talking to.
抓个第三人,把他们介绍给你正在谈话的对象。
Then, make your excuse and leave.You could say something like: "Have you met Simon?
之后,找借口离开。你可以这么说:“你见过 Simon 吗?
He's also studying business administration."Or: "Oh, hey, do you know Amy?I think you guys have a lot in common."
他也在学企业管理。”或者:“嘿,你认识 Amy 吗?我觉得你们有很多共同点。”
Once they have started talking you can say something like: "Please excuse me."
一旦他们开始交谈,你就可以这么说:“请担待一下。”
"I'm going to get some food—I'll see you in a bit!"And then make your getaway.
“我要去吃点东西——一会儿见!”然后趁机溜走。
5. Mission accomplished!Maybe you started the conversation for a specific reason.
5. 任务完成!可能你因为一个特殊的原因开始一段谈话。
You got what you wanted and now you want to go.Well, first things first.
你知道了你想知道的,现在你想离开了。首先第一件事。
Bring the conversation back around to where it started.Here, the word 'just' is very useful.
把话题引回它开始的地方。接着,'just' 这个单词很有用。
For example: "Anyway, I just wanted to hear what you thought about all this."
比如:“总之,我只是想知道你对这一切是怎么想的。”
"Alright, I just needed to let you know what was going on."
“好了,我只是想让你知道发生了什么。”
Maybe you started taking English classes at a new school and you wanted to find out which social activities were good.
或许你在一个新的学校开始上英语课,你想知道什么社交活动不错。
Bring the conversation back around to that topic and make sure to thank the other person for the information they've given you.
让话题回到这个主题,确保感谢对方提供的信息。

njys23.png


"I just wanted to hear what you thought.
“我只是想知道你是怎么想的。
Thanks so much for the advice!"
非常感谢你的建议!”
Then you could make an excuse like: "I'd better get started on all that homework we got.
接着你可以找一个像这样的借口:“我最好还是开始写我们布置的作业吧。
I'll see you next class."
下节课再见。”
So, it's been great talking to you today, but I really have to go.
嗯,今天跟你聊天很棒,但我真的得走了。
I hope this lesson has been useful for you.
我希望这节课对你有帮助。
You can find the full script and more of our free lessons at Oxford Online English dot com.
你可以在我们的网站 Oxford Online English dot com. 找到完整字幕文本还有更多的免费课程。
Thanks for watching!
感谢观看!

分享到