Ahead Of Your Time 超越其他人
日期:2017-12-01 15:38

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "ahead of your time", from the movie "Beauty and the Beast".
我们今天的短语是ahead of your time,出自电影《美女与野兽》。
This is a live action version of Disney's original animated film.
这部电影是迪士尼原创动画的真人版本。
It tells the story of a bright, beautiful and independent girl, named Belle.
讲述了一个聪明、美丽、独立,名叫贝儿的女孩儿的故事。
Listen for the words "ahead of your time".
留意听一下ahead of your time这个短语。
My dear Belle, you're so ahead of your time.
我亲爱的贝儿,你太超前了。
This is a small village and it's small-minded as well.
这是一个小村子,村里的人也是眼界狭小。
But small also means safe.
但是,小也意味着安全啊。

电影《美女与野兽》

So what is the meaning of "ahead of your time"?
那么,ahead of your time是什么意思呢?
Is it: you are wiser than others or your time has come and gone?
是你比别人更聪明还是你的时代已经过去了?
My dear Belle, you're so ahead of your time.
我亲爱的贝儿,你太超前了。
This is a small village and it's small-minded as well.
这是一个小村子,村里的人也是眼界狭小。
But small also means safe.
但是,小也意味着安全啊。
"Ahead of your time" means you are wiser than others.
Ahead of your time指的是你比别人更聪明。
You think of something or have ideas before people around you.
比起你身边的人,你能更快想到某事或者想出主意。
In the movie, Belle's father thinks she is different and wiser than other villagers.
在这部电影中,贝儿的父亲认为贝儿与众不同,并且要比其他村民更聪明。
So, do you have ideas that put you ahead of your time?
你有没有一些让你显得比别人更聪明的想法呢?
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到