(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's phrase is "a few tricks up her sleeve," from the James Bond movie Spectre. Let's take a look.
今天的词组是"a few tricks up her sleeve",出自詹姆斯·邦德系列电影《幽灵党》,让我们一起来看一下。
Magnificent isn't she? Zero to sixty in 3.2 seconds. A few tricks up her sleeve.
漂亮极了是不是?3.2秒就能加速到60码。还有些别的秘密武器。
Do one more thing for me. What do you have in mind? Make me disappear.
再给我做一件事。具体是什么呢?让我消失。
So what does that mean "a few tricks up her sleeve?"
那么,a few tricks up her sleeve是什么意思呢?
You have secret options you can use or you are wearing fancy clothes?
是你有可用的绝招还是你穿着华服?
Let's listen again and see if you are correct.
再听一遍,看看你的理解是否正确。
Magnificent isn't she? Zero to sixty in 3.2 seconds. A few tricks up her sleeve.
漂亮极了是不是?3.2秒就能加速到60码。还有些别的秘密武器。
Do one more thing for me. What do you have in mind? Make me disappear.
再给我做一件事。具体是什么呢?让我消失。
A few tricks up her sleeve means you have secret options you can use.
A few tricks up her sleeve意指你有可用的秘密绝招。
In the James Bond movies, he is famous for secret weapons and fancy cars.
在007系列电影中,詹姆斯·邦德的秘密武器和炫酷坐骑是众所周知的,
But it is not only spies who have secret options.
但并不是只有特工才有秘密绝招,
Maybe you, too, have a trick up your sleeve.
或许你也有秘密绝招哦。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天节目的全部内容,我是安博尔。