(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If you arrive too late to a harbor to catch a boat,you can say you “missed the boat.”
如果你到达港口太晚,没有赶上轮船,你就可以说“我错过了轮船 。”
But as an idiom,this phrase is not about transportation.
但这个短语作为习语,它和交通并无关联 。
Miss the Boat
错失良机
Have you heard back about the pop-up book design program in Miami? Um, no.
你有没有听到迈阿密立体书设计项目的信息呢?嗯,没有 。
Actually, I missed the application deadline. What? You would have loved that.
实际上我错过了申请的最后期限 。不会吧?你本来是喜欢它的 。
You really missed the boat by not applying!
你因为没有申请而错失良机!
If you “miss the boat,” you missed your chance at a good opportunity.
如果你“错失良机”,你失去了一个不错的机会 。
It can also mean to not understand something.
这个短语还指不理解某事 。
For example, you might “miss the boat” on an important English grammer point.
比如,你可能会不理解一个重要的英语语法点 。
Anna“missed the boat” when she did not apply for a progam she would have enjoyed.
安娜“错失良机”,当她没有申请她本来喜欢的项目的时候 。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!