(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We have already learned the expression "tiptoe around something," which means to avoid directly expressing something.
我们已经学过了“tiptoe around something”这个表达,意思是避免直接表达某事 。
Keep you on your toes
保持警惕
Does this idiom have a similar meaning?
这个习语也是相似的意思吗?
How do you like your new Arabic class?
你觉得你的新阿拉伯语课怎么样?
Oh, it's tough! The teacher gives us so many unexpected tests.
哦,太难了!老师经常出其不意地搞测试 。
Wow, your class sounds tough!
哇哦,你的课听起来好难呀!
Yeah, but it keeps you on your toes.
是的,不过它能让你保持警惕 。
Yo have to be prepared for each and every class.
每节课你都必须准备好 。
If something "keeps you on your toes," it keeps you alert, aware and ready to act.
如果某件事“Keep you on your toes”,就表明它让你很警惕,能意识到并随时准备行动 。
A person can begin to run or jump more quickly and easily if their weight is on their toes.
如果人的重量都在脚指头上,那么他就可以跑或跳的更快更容易 。
That is where this expression comes from.
这就是这个表达的来源 。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!