(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
This idiom makes it sound like you are at a rodeo.
这个习语听起来像是你在参加马术竞演会 。
Get Roped Into
拉拢
Hey, do you have any plans for the weekend? Well, I did have plans to go hiking.
嗨,你这周末有什么计划吗?我本来计划徒步旅行 。
But, my friend asked me to cat-sit, so I guess I’m just staying around town.
但是我朋友让我去看护他的猫,我恐怕只能待在这座城市了 。
Aren’t you allergic to cats? How did you get roped into that?
你不是对猫过敏吗?你是怎么被拉拢做这个事情的?
I don’t know. I just can’t say no to this friend!
我也不清楚 。我只是不能拒绝这个朋友!
To “get roped into” something means to be persuaded to do something.
被拉拢做某事意味着某人被说服做某事 。
Often something you do not really want to do.
通常情况下是做你并不愿意做的事情 。
In our example, Anna got talked into watching a friend’s cat.
今天例子中,安娜被说服照看朋友家的小猫 。
The use of the word “rope” probably comes from cowboys, who use a lasso to rope young cows while riding a horse.
“用绳索套捉”这个词可能来自于马上竞技手们,他们使用套索来套捉牛,在他们骑马的时候 。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!