(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome back to the show. Say what you want about New Yorkers.
欢迎回来 。你们想让纽约人怎样 。
Time to crisis though we're at our best.
在危机面前,我们勇往直前 。
After the crisis, yeah, another story. Jordan Klepper explains.
危机之后又是另一种场面 。请听乔丹·克莱伯的报道 。
The winter of 2015 has wreaked havoc all over the northeast,
2015年冬,大雪席卷整个东北地区,
and some New Yorkers have seen their homes destroyed by the recent blizzard.
近日,许多纽约住房遭特大暴风雪摧毁 。
Staten islanders Imman Yusuf.
请听史泰登岛民伊曼·尤瑟夫的讲话 。
It was not blizzard. Right. An ice storm.
这不是暴风雪 。不是,这是冰暴 。
It was not an ice storm.
这不是冰暴 。
Frozen hail?
特大冰雹?
That's not it, either.
不是特大冰雹 。
It was from Hurricane Sandy.
是飓风“桑迪” 。
What, that was like two years ago.
什么,那是两年前发生的 。
Exactly, two years ago, we're still in a tent. What?
正是两年前发生的,我们还住在帐篷里 。什么?
We had a concert to help.
我们还举办了音乐会来筹款 。
We had Mick Jagger there and "The Boss" was there,
米克·贾格尔和布鲁斯·史普林斯汀都来到了现场,
and then we had another concert and there were commercials and this guy is still in a tent?
此外,我们还举办了另一场音乐会,我们还有广告,而这个人依然住在帐篷里?
So this is where your house used to be. Correct.
这里曾经是你的家,对吗?对的 。
This used to be your living room? Yes.
这曾经是你的卧室吗?对的 。
And he's not alone. There are thousands of people still without homes.
但这样的情况不止他一人 。目前,仍有数千人居无定所 。
Nobody's home, me included.
我们都没有家,我也没有 。
It's been almost two and a half years already. It should have been rebuilt.
现在已经两年半了 。房屋本来应该重建的 。
You know, we're from New York. How could this possibly take this long?
我们来自纽约,怎么能够拖这么长时间?
Okay, wait, more than $648 million was set aside for an organization called Build it Back
等一下,政府准备了6.48亿美元来成立一个名为“重建”的组织,
which was created solely to, it's in the name, build people's houses back.
就像其名称所指,它的唯一目的就是重建家园 。
What happened to those guys?
那么这些人呢,他们是怎么回事?
Build it Back really sucks.
“重建”组织有名无实 。
Build it Back, they build nothing.
“重建”组织什么都没做 。
They lose paperwork. It's just been, no answers, and no progress.
全是纸上谈兵 。没有答案,没有进程 。
We have no homes but we pay taxes on those homes. That's right. What?
我们没家,但是我们还要交税 。对的 。什么?
I'm still paying flood insurance.
我还在支付防洪保险 。
They didn't finish paying me, but I am still paying them.
他们还没偿还完我们,而我们还要一直给他们交钱 。
We need two floors and they only want to finish one.
我们需要两层楼,但他们只想盖一层 。
And all we want is what we had before.
我们要恢复之前的模样 。
Simple kitchen, simple living room and a bathroom. Woah, woah, woah. What else?
简单的厨房,卧室和卫生间 。恩恩,还有什么?
Doors would be nice. Plural?
门需要质量好,两个门?
Yeah, doors on the bedrooms, maybe a front door.
对的,卧室的门,还有前门 。
You see how this could take a while.
你知道这需要时间 。
If I do the math here, this is a 17-year project.
我现在算一下,这需要17年的时间完成 。
It's because building in New York city is complicated.
因为在纽约城建房可不是一件容易的事 。
Just ask architect Enrique Norton.
我们询问了建筑师恩里克·诺顿 。
New York is a very complex city.
纽约是一座复杂的城市 。
But obviously, you know, a lot of things get built here and a lot of very good things get built here.
显然在纽约,我们建造了许多建筑,许多非常华丽的建筑 。
For example, we recently completed the Mercedes house.
例如,我们最近建造了奔驰大厦 。
Now how long did this take to complete?
建造它需要多长时间?
This took to complete approximately three years.
大约三年 。
Or just a little bit more time than the sandy victims are waiting for their homes.
这比“桑迪”受灾群众的等待时间稍微长了一点 。
But we're talking about 1.2 million square feet.
但是,我们说的是1200万平方米 。
That's not 1.2 million square feet. That's like...
这不是1200万平方米,这是 。
No, this is only a model. We're talking about the building.
这仅仅是一个模型 。我们说的是这个建筑 。
The actual building. This?
真正的建筑,是这个吗?
Yeah, we did this building.
是的,就是这个 。
You built this in three years, and nothing, nothing is going on in Staten island.
你用了三年的时间建造它,史泰登岛是怎么回事?
Unbelievable. Unreal.
不可想象,这不是真的 。
So what exactly is the problem here?
那么问题到底出在哪?
Bureaucracy is to blame for not rebuilding homes.
官僚主义是主要原因 。
Nothing good ever happened without bureaucracy.
没有官僚主义也是不行的 。
You know what I say to that, right? What?
你知道我想说什么吗?什么?
Let's go out in the backyard, and we'll talk about bureaucracy, and we'll see what comes out of it.
我们去后院聊聊官僚主义,看看能聊出个什么所以然 。
Wait, what's going to happen in the backyard?
为什么去后院?
We're going to kick the...out of you?
我们要揍你一顿 。
What, I thought we were just going to talk about bureaucracy and sign some papers.
我以为我们讨论的是官僚主义,然后会签署几个文件 。
Okay understandably, things were getting tense
这情有可原,事情变得越来越紧张了,
so I turned to local advocate Alana Tornello to see what I could do.
我向当地律师阿兰娜·托奈罗寻求了帮助 。
I'm going to drop the ironic, handsome Jordan Klepper character,
我将卸下我假面帅哥乔丹·克莱伯的身份,
and I'm just going to be just handsome Jordan Klepper.
在你面前只有帅气的乔丹·克莱伯 。
I want to help. What can I do to help?
我需要帮助,我该怎么去做?
Okay, do you have any skills?
好的,你有什么技能吗?
Well, you don't need to have any skills to come volunteer. Great.
当然,你的这项任务不需要你有任何技能 。太棒了 。
As the media, there is a lot that can be done to make it very clear
作为媒体,我们还需要做很多事情把事情弄清楚,
that for some people, for some New Yorkers, this is still a disaster and this is still a story.
对于许多人而言,对于纽约人来说,那场灾难依然是一场灾难,我们依然有要报道的故事 。
What? I'm talking to you. This is you. You can do this. Not as the media.
什么?我在和你讲话,是说你 。你可以做这个,不是以媒体的身份 。
Oh. Oh! Right. Right. Oh yeah! Oh right! Oh, yeah, this thing.
哦哦!好的,好的 。我知道了 。
Yeah, you can remind people that this is still a news story. Done. Okay? Thanks.
你要做的是告诉人们这依然是一个新闻 。完事 。好了吗?谢谢 。
You're welcome. That's what I've been doing hereto whole time.
不客气 。这也是我一直做的事情 。
Looks like my work as a media professional is done.
看上去,我作为媒体人的角色已经结束了 。
But until help really does arrive, Sandy victims may need a little patience,
在得到帮助之前,“桑迪”受灾群众还需要一点耐心,
courtesy of Staten island's third most popular Guns N' Roses Tribute Band.
史泰登第三大著名乐队-枪炮与玫瑰翻唱乐队亲情献唱 。
Oh, don't, don't, don't play actual patience. We don't have the rights to that.
哦别别,别真的演得那么有耐心 。我们不应该这么做 。
I've been waiting patiently, oh no!
我一直在耐心等待,哦哦!
Of course, after two and a half years,
两年半过去了,
these guys have a pretty simple message for anyone who thinks they should wait just a little longer.
对于那些让他们再耐心等待的人来说,灾民的答案似乎很简单 。
Jordan Klepper, we'll be right back.
这是乔丹·克莱伯的报道,马上回来 。