(单词翻译:单击)
I was being facetious, but,
我刚才是开玩笑的,
you know, there is a big conversation now that we are having about crime. Yes.
但是这个犯罪问题确实是一件大事 。是的 。
Shootings in New York City have risen over these past two years
过去两年来,纽约城的枪击案有所上升,
and are now at 20% level, I guess higher than what they were since the stopping of stop-and-frisk.
创下20%的新高度,暂停“拦截盘查”以后这一数字一定是有所上升的 。
It can't be that the only way we can control shootings in New York City
我认为解决纽约城枪击的办法不应该只有这种,
is what appears to be an unconstitutional, angering program of stop-and-frisk.
违宪的、激起民愤的“拦截盘查” 。
But this appears to be a real thing.
但现在的情况就是这样 。
Let me say it a little differently.
我跟你的意见有一点不同 。
When Bill Bratton came as our commissioner,
我记得在比尔·布拉顿担任纽约市警察局长时,
first press conference he said in terms of stop-and-frisk,
他在第一场发布会上谈到了“拦截盘查”,
you can't break the law to enforce the law. Right.
他说你不能为了执法而犯法 。对的 。
And that from the beginning was the template we took.
所以刚开始,我们也是按照这样的想法去做的 。
So can you drive down crime while respecting constitutional rights?
那么,你是否能够在维护宪法权益的情况下执法?
Absolutely, because my first year in office, Bill Bratton's first year as commissioner,
当然可以,我记得我在任的第一年,也是布拉顿担任局长的第一年,
crime went down from 2013-2014, the lowest number of murders in New York in 50 years. Right.
2013至2014年的犯罪率有所下降,谋杀案数量达到了50年以来的最低值 。对的 。
I guess you're saying we can do better.
你认为我们可以做得更好 。
We absolutely can. We can kill more people. No.
当然 。我们可以处决更多的人 。不是 。
You misinterpreted. All right.
你错误理解我的意思了 。好吧 。
There's been a horrible misunderstanding. All right, I understand.
完全错误理解 。好的,我明白了 。
So, we brought down murder to a rate we've not seen since the early '60s. Right.
我们将谋杀率降低到了60世纪初以来的最低值 。对的 。
We brought down crime across the board.
从整个方面来说,这降低了犯罪率 。
We do have a shooting problem, shooting problem last year and shooting problem this year.
枪击问题仍然存在问题,去年有这样的问题,今年依然存在 。
Nothing like New York City had 15, 20 years ago, correct, let's be clear.
那么在15到20年前,纽约城不会有这样的问题,对的,这是首先要说明的 。
but something persistent particularly around gangs,
但是关于团伙犯罪的问题却一直存在,
and we have new strategies to go in there both with aggressive policing but also gang intervention,
目前,我们不仅有严打政策,还有直接介入帮派这类新方法,
which is the process of undermining gang recruitment at the the community level,
这样会打击帮派在地方这一层面的人员引进 。
which has been proven to work all over the country.
在全国范围内,这一方法被证明非常有效 。
Those strategies need to be applied.
我们需要将这些措施实施起来 。
Going back to an unconstitutional alienating approach
所以所,回归那种不仅违宪而且还失人心的做法
is not only inappropriate, not fair to the populous, it doesn't work.
是不合适,对人民不公平,而且没有作用 。
It ties up a ton of police and energy and the things that aren't actually going after serious crime.
这种方法占用了大量警力物力,而且并没有真正打击严重犯罪 。
So I think we're broadly on the right track.
所以从大方面讲,我们现在的道路是正确的 。
But look, we are we doing?
但我们现在的工作是,
We're retraining our police forces to have a work more close with the community. Right
让我们的警员进行再培训,让他们能够与当地社区更加紧密 。对的 。
We're doing body cameras, which is going to instill,
我们的警员佩戴随身摄像头,我想这么做
I think, a lot more confidence between police and communities.
会增加社区和警员之间的信任度 。
We're providing a lot more technology to the NYPD so they can be more effective.
我们为纽约警察局提供了更多技术支持,这样他们的工作会更加有效 。
I think these pieces gonna add up,
我想我们的这些努力会起到成效,
because people are not wasting time on unnecessary, unconstitutional stops
因为就“拦截盘查”而言,我们已经不会在这种违宪,不必要的事情上浪费时间了,
and not wasting time on low-level marijuana arrests either.
少剂量的大麻案也同样如此,不用再浪费时间了 。
While that I, with the eh, but how do you bring up that morale
那么,你是怎么提升警员士气的,
by the way, is a pound low level?
而且,一磅大麻算是少剂量吗?
All right, you know, because you have communities that feel like
言归正传,有一些社区给人们的感觉是,警方不尊重他们,
the police force does not respect them and treats them like they're an occupying army in an area,
或是像占领军一样对待他们,
and then you have police force that feels disrespected or feels like
然后警方感觉他们遭受了不尊重,或是
the bad police officers are being used to tar them in a systemic way.
利用某些警官来对他们进行蓄意惩罚 。
How do you bridge those gaps in the community,
那么,你是如何缩小这个差距的,
so that people feel like they're both being treated fairly when, you know as well as I do,
人民能够觉得他们受到了平等对待,你应该非常清楚的是,
the minute murders go up and the minute shootings go up,
谋杀案上升,枪案一定上升,
political pressure is going to become immense, get this out of our sight.
政治压力暴增,那么我们该如何解决 。
People don't care about the constitution when they feel like it's not safe.
在人民感到没有安全感的情况下,他们是不会考虑宪法问题的 。
Well, I think the good news is in this city we had a real thorough debate,
我觉得好消息是,我们对于这一问题进行了很激烈的争论,
and people did vote in favor of constitutional rights and respect for community,
人民的意见是宪法权益,尊重社区,
while having strong policing. There's no dichotomy here.
但同时也有强力的警力保障 。这之间没有对立 。
In the end, a safer city is one in which police and community have a very powerful, strong, working relationship
最终,所谓安全城市就是要形成一个警察与社区能够团结合作,且非常强大的关系,
that encourages a community to share information with the police.
促进社区与警察之间的信息共享 。
Police officers will tell you there's people in every community,
警察会告诉你,在每一个地方社区,
law abiding people who know exactly where the weapons are and where the bad guys are.
都有守法公民告诉你确切的武器藏匿点,以及犯罪分子的藏身之处 。
We want them on the side of police. We want that bond between them and police.
我们要让这些市民站到警察这边 。让他们之间建立一个联系 。
We find as we have been making our reforms and bringing police and community back together,
我们发现在我们进行改革,让“警区”进行大合作的时候,
we're seeing a different relationship.
出现了一种不一样的关系 。
We have a civilian complaint review board,
我们有一个市民投诉评委会,
complaints to the down 25% from a year ago
从去年开始,投诉量下降25%,
because people are starting to move pass some of those divisions of the past
这是因为过去的一些分歧已不再是分歧,
and ultimately everyone wants good and decent policing
从根本上来说,大众需要的是有效的执法,
and police want to be proud of their professions as they have a right to.
而警察对他们的职业也感到骄傲 。
Are they bringing more cops from areas,
就是说,从监管区调来更多警员,
you know policing areas they're from as opposed to coming in from other?
而不是从其他地区吗?
Absolute look, policing areas they're from and the other variation this, of course, is community policing,
没错,来自监管区和其他地区,当然这里说的其他指的是社区监管区,
applying the officers, regardless of where they come from,
让这些警员深入到社区中,不管他们来自哪儿,
applying them to one community keeping them there long enough to actually develop relationships
让他们长时间深入社区,与当地人建立关系,
with people and get to know the community. Right.
了解当地社区 。对的 。
These are the kinds of things that work that create trusts, that create mutual respect,
通过这些行动,建立两者之间的互信感,尊重感,
that keep communities safer but also officers safer.
这样不仅会让社区更加安全,警员也会更加安全 。
Here is the other thing that bothers me, they always like everything else,
还有一件事我想不明白,他们又会说,
they want to go to end of the line of the supply chain
他们希望掐断供给线,
but they never want to deal with, you know,
但却从来没付诸过行动,
why aren't we down in Florida, South Carolina, Georgia where these guns are coming from,
我们为什么不掐断佛罗里达,南卡和佐治亚的枪支供给线,
and stopping and frisking gun stores?
为什么不拦截和盘查枪支店?
Why do we have to wait and somehow put it all on communities
我们为什么不采取行动,而是将精力放在社区,
when the truth is there is a gunrunning operation that is going on from the south
其实我们知道在南方,有一个武器走私团伙,
that everybody knows about, but nobody will in any way address.
所有人都知道,但就是没人采取行动 。
Yes, this is a fight we have to undertake in our country.
对的,我们要在全国范围内打击这类犯罪 。
Ask the leadership, the NYPD, they will tell you that a single gun recently came out of Georgia,
你去问纽约警察局的领导层,他们会告诉你,近期有一把从佐治亚流出的枪支,
recirculated from crime to crime which was used in various shootings around the city, one gun.
这把枪参与过多次犯罪,并且制造了多起枪击案,就这一把枪 。
Oh, is that? I've heard of that, the ZipGun Program, but...
哦,我知道我听说了,就是那个“自制枪案”但是,
You get the gun, you use it for a crime and then obviously you bring it back and somebody else signs it out.
犯罪分子拿着这把枪,制造枪案,之后你又拿了回来,其他人又把它拿走了 。
Very sophisticated.
真复杂啊 。
It's about resource but again, they know this!
这又是关于来源问题,人们已经了解了!
And they know that these places that are doing this thing, they know people that are doing it
人们知道这些来源地区,知道他们的行径,
but they are unable to use the for all the surveillance we have in this country
但是我们没能够,全国布满了监视器,
and for all the information we have,
布满了消息网络,
It's really telling us you don't know where the stuff is coming from and we can't stop it?
但是我们还是不能找到它,不能打击它?
It's a political will question.
这是一个有关政治意愿的问题 。
And look, if I was going to think about the big structure of how to get progressive change on an issue like that,
如果我想从大的结构上来改变,使用更有力的手段来进行改革的话,
we're not gonna get to creator unity as a nation on an issue like gun control until we deal with economic reality first.
我们要先解决经济现实问题,然后才能谈到举全国之力解决像枪控等问题 。
I've always believed that when you get to progressive economics,
我一直相信就是,若想实现进步经济,
taxing the wealthy, raising the minimal wages etc.
比如说富人加税,提高最低工资等等,
You actually, you gonna unite people across regions and different backgrounds and different faiths
这样会让不同地区,拥有不同背景和不同信仰的人联合在一起,
and that may be the beginning of a more common politics and more common set of values that someday may lead to the realization
这也许就会促成共同政治的诞生,越来越多类似的观念也会最终实现,
that people who want the respect for the right to have a firearm,
那就是人们希望得到对武器所有权的尊重,
that does not have to equate with a situation that leads firearms ending up in our streets,
但这与武器落入到坏人手上,
killing people, in the hands of criminals.
让它成为杀人的武器不同,对的 。
That's gonna take a lot of transcendence. That's gonna take a lot of work.
这需要跨越许多障碍,需要做大量的工作去实现 。
But I actually think economics is the most unifying force.
但是我想说,经济发展才是最能够凝聚国家力量的 。
And as the way to do it then to say, we've got to create economies
那么就是说,我们要在各个社区中形成一种
within those communities that can combat the underground economies in those communities. Absolutely.
能够打击地下经济的经济 。没错 。
If I'm a kid, if I'm 10 years old, then I have crap pants and crap shirt.
如果我是一个10岁小孩,我穿着破烂的裤子和衬衣 。
I see some other kids who doesn't, I'm gonna be pissed off about that and think
而其他小孩却不是,那我就会非常生气,
oh, that's the only way out, you know,
认为只有一种办法,
you have to find a way to economically compete with that, to give any hope to it.
那么,你就要想一种节省的办法来竞争,增添一些希望 。
That's exactly right. We look what happened in Baltimore,
非常对 。我们看到巴尔的摩枪击案,
and part of it was police community relations but a lot of that was economic reality.
部分是由于警员在各个社区的关系问题,但多数还是因为经济现实问题 。
If you have a community of people who have rarely seen consistent economic opportunity,
如果某社区群众看不到经济曙光,
you cannot be surprised if that community is in many ways disconnected from the larger society around it.
那么他们脱离大群体,整个社会的现象就应该不足为奇了 。
If people don't feel a sense of economic hope, right,
如果人们感受不到这些,
unfortunately that's where crime breeds, that's where gangs breed.
那么这里就是犯罪的温床,这里就是犯罪团伙的酝酿地 。
Kids that know they have opportunity ahead are much less attracted to gangs.
如果孩子有前景,有机会,那么他们加入帮派的机会就会少很多 。
One time I was in the South Bronx, a former gang member said something simple to me.
一次我在布朗克斯南区,一位曾经是帮派成员的人跟我说了几句 。
He said recognize the fact that for a lot of kids if they're convinced there's no hope up ahead
他说如果年轻人认为自己未来没有希望了,
they're not gonna get to college, they're not gonna get to a career,
没法上大学,没有很好的工作发展,
then a gang looks very attractive, looks like a family, looks like a home.
那么帮派就会变得很吸引人,就像个温馨的家庭 。
We have to show young people there is actually a way forward to a decent economic future.
我们要证明给年轻人,他们未来在经济上是有保证的 。
But this is the same conversation we gonna be have about Baltimore 40 years ago. Yes.
我想说在四十年前,我们就应该就巴尔的摩的话题展开相同的讨论 。是的 。
And liberal policies, democratic policies have been in place in those areas.
不管是自由主义政策还是民主政策,都在这些地区施行 。
And they were the same thing. We got to bring these areas hope.
他们的措施也是同样,我们要为地区带来希望,
We got to bring these areas opportunity, and yet.
带来机遇但是却没有 。
Well, here's the problem that we just defined a moment ago.
我们刚刚明确了这个问题 。
If people have been going backwards economically all over the country.
如果全国陷入经济衰退,
the average American family gained the last 25 years going backwards. Right, right.
那么,美国居民过去二十五年所获得的资产也就开始萎缩 。对的,对的 。
Well,If you're in a poor community, that's hitting you even harder.
如果你生活的社区贫苦不堪,那么经济对你的影响将更大 。
So, wages have not kept up with the cost of living. Opportunity is got more constrained.
居民的工资水平并不能维持现有的生活水平 。未来的发展机会也非常有限 。
We've been in the strong growth areas in the economy
我们生活在一个经济发展强劲的领域,
that the walm-mart and other places that pay a very low wage. Right.
但是像沃尔玛等企业的工资却很低 。对的 。
So, no, we have not.
所以我们没有 。
We've invested in certain programs, some worked better, some worked worse,
我们投资了某些特定项目,有些盈利,有些亏损 。
but we haven't built an economy that's actually inclusive.
但是我们的经济大环境却没有达到全部包容的状态 。
You know, what's nice about that? It is, it does show in terms of economics.
你知道有趣在哪?在经济学中确实有你刚才说的 。
They were talking about "trickle-down economics" and riches don't.
他们曾经讨论“涓滴效应”,但是财富并没有按照这个发展 。
But poverty does. Poverty trickles down and it boils it down.
贫穷反而产生了这种效应,
That's right. That's what we have been experiencing for a long time.
没错,这就是我们一直在经历的状况 。
and that's why addressing income inequality head on,
这就是为什么解决收入不均问题迫在眉睫,
talking about the fact that the current political reality is just not working actually is where we'll find a breakthrough.
现行的“现实政治”并不奏效,这也就是我们要找寻突破点的地方 。
And then you will feel like you're gonna stay 6'7'' is fine,
你是觉得要保持在6尺7寸是吧,
you just, you're not gonna give any that away.
这一点你保持不变 。
I said income inequality not said height inequality. Son of a bitch.
我说的是收入不均,没有说身高 。见鬼 。