(单词翻译:单击)
We're talking about the inconsistencies.
我们现在讨论的是不一致问题 。
You brought up a point that says they're against big government until they're for it.
你刚才提到一点是,只有政府让他们满意了,他们才会支持政府 。
It almost seems like that's everybody, and I almost think then,
这似乎是所有大众的想法,
I would be okay with that if they made this individual cases.
而且我认为如果有个案发生,我觉得也是正常的情况 。
You know, this religious liberty case is an interesting one,
宗教自由这个事件的确很有意思,
because I remember back right after 9/11 they had what was called the "Ground Zero Mosque".
因为我记得在9·11发生之后,他们建立了一个“归零地清真寺” 。
Everybody was against that. You can't build that.
但遭到了所有人的反对 。你不能建造这个 。
Maybe a question of religious liberty.
这可能就是宗教自由的问题 。
But now when it comes to the gay couple getting married,
但说到同性结婚问题,
and somebody wants to buy a cake from a baker,
还有人们想从面包师那里买蛋糕,
well that's religious liberty, exact same people standing up for one or the other.
我想这些都是宗教自由问题,这些支持者其实是同一群人 。
I think the inconsistencies and lack of genuineness are what bother the republicans.
我认为这种不一致和缺乏真实性是目前困扰共和党的问题 。
Why congress has about a 10% approval rating. Right.
为什么国会有大约10%的支持率,对的 。
But I think you're exactly right that people want,
我认为你说得非常对,
people look at things the same way no matter which issue is and not with their personal bias, etc. into it.
人们看问题的方式永远是一样的,他们无论在任何问题上,都会带有自己的个人偏见等因素 。
or make an argument, you know, this religious liberty argument feels like
或是进行争论,进行与宗教自由有关的讨论,
they've worked backwards from we are against the courts
这让人们感觉他们反其道而行,他们不再反对法院
granting the constitutional right to marriage equality, and we need to figure out how to get out of that.
做出保证婚姻平等的宪法权利 。而现在我们需要想出解决办法 。
Maybe we'll try the states'rights argument. Okay, that didn't work. Now let's try religious liberty.
我们可以试试从“州权”入手,但一看行不通 。所以,我们才想到了从宗教自由入手 。
But there is also something we need to separate out.
但有些事情我们还需要把它们分开 。
So for example, when they told me they were going to build a mosque at 9/11,
举个例子,当我听到有人想在9·11事发地建立清真寺,
I was horrified and thought it was a terrible thing,
我当时万分惊恐,觉得这么做不对,
but I'm not for a law to prevent them.
但是我们要阻止他们的话,我们又没有法律可依据 。
If you want to march down the street and you are part of the KKK,
如果你想上街游行,或你是三K党成员,
I am horrified by that and object to it,
我会感到非常恐惧,会反对你这么做,
but there are certain, the First Amendment is about the right to be despicable.
但有些确定的东西,比如说宪法第一修正案,它就赋予了人们卑劣的权利,
It's easy to accept, but you can't...you can't equate a mosque with the KKK,
人们很容易去接受,但是你不能把清真寺和三K党等同起来,
or gay marriage with the KKK. I hear that argument a lot.
或是同性恋与三K党等同,这样的争论我已经听了不少了 。
You know, what I'm saying is this that I think you can personally object to things that the law will allow
我的意思是说你可以去反对一些法律允许的事情,
and it doesn't mean that we all have to say that we all accept everyone else's beliefs on everything else.
这不意味着我们都要去同意其他人在其它事情上的看法 。
So for example, I'm absolutely for the law of allowing,
所以比方说,我非常赞同这样的法律限制,
law not preventing a mosque to be built, however, at the same time,
就是禁止在这里设立清真寺,但与此同时,
I think it's a really really really bad idea to build a mosque at the 9/11 site.
我认为在9·11事发地设立清真寺不是太好 。
But there is a, you do know though that there was a mosque, I know, I know, there.
但是你知道9·11附近就有一个清真寺,这个我知道,知道 。
I'm really fascinated by this idea of religious persecution in this country
我一直对宗教迫害特别感兴趣,
because the depth of feeling seems real.
因为这种理解深度似乎是真实的 。
Freedom doesn't mean that we all have to agree with everybody else's,
自由不代表我们要同意其他人的观点,
who they are, what they are, what the religion is.
他们是谁,他们是干嘛的,还有他们信仰什么宗教 。
We don't have to like everybody okay.
我们不需要去喜欢所有人 。
Nobody's asking you to be happy baking it.
没有人要求你在烤面包的时候兴高采烈 。
But the thing is this that so, where I would separate it is people who have personal opinions,
但问题是我们将那些有自己看法的人独立开来,
they're afraid, some people are afraid in our country
他们担心了,他们担心自己对
that their personal religious opinions will no longer be allowed even in their church.
宗教的个人看法甚至不能在宗教场所表达 。
And there are people talking about this because what they're saying is,
人们对此有着激烈的讨论,
okay, you give a deduction to your church, so who's money is that?
你要缩减宗教场所的开支,那么这个钱是谁的?
Is that not the government's money?
这不是政府的钱吗?
They can regulate the church because it's a deduction.
通过缩减来管理这些场所 。
People are arguing this.
人们正在对这个问题进行讨论 。