(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
You probably enjoy listening to music. You might even enjoy playing music.
你可能喜欢听音乐 。你甚至可能还喜欢演奏音乐 。
But what does this mean?
但是,这个短语是什么意思呢?
Face the Music
面对现实
Anna? Anna? Is that you? Why are you hiding? Shhh, I’m hiding from Ashley.
安娜?安娜?是你吗?你为什么要躲躲藏藏的?嘘,我在躲艾希莉 。
Why? You know her favorite plant. I forgot to water it while she was away.
为什么啊?你知道她最喜欢的那株植物吧 。她不在的时候我忘记浇水了 。
Oh, that’s dead. It’s time you faced the music and told her. Yeah, Anna. It’s time to “face the music.”
哦,植物死了 。是时候面对现实,告诉她把 。是的安娜 。是时候“面对现实”了 。
This expression means to accept the results of your actions,even if the results are unpleasant.
这个短语的意思是接受因你的行为而带来的结果,尽管这个结果不令人愉快 。
In Anna’s case,it means to accept responsibility for killing my favorite plant.
在安娜这个例子中,这个短语的意思是承担责任因为杀死了我最喜欢的植物 。
And that’s English in a Minute!
这就是今天的《一分钟英语》!