(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
A lot of idioms in American English come from sports.
美语中大量习语来源于体育 。
Here is one that comes from baseball:
下面的习语就是个例子:
Keep your eye on the ball
集中精力
Let’s learn how to use this expression when not talking about sports.
让我们来学习如何在不谈论体育的情况下使用这个表达吧 。
Hey, Jonathan! How is your Arabic class going? It’s going okay.
嗨,乔纳森!你的阿拉伯语课上的怎么样啦?还不错 。
I’m not studying as much as I should be.
不过我并没有很努力地学习 。
Jonathan, you had better keep your eye on the ball if you want to win that scholarship to study in Egypt.
乔纳森,你最好集中精力好好学习,如果你真想赢得奖学金,去埃及读书的话 。
Study harder! I know. I know. You’re right.
加把劲儿!我知道 。我知道 。你说的对 。
To “keep your eye on the ball” means to keep your attention on something important to you, usually to reach a goal.
“集中精力”表示,集中注意力在某件对你来说重要的事情上,通常是为了实现某个目标 。
This idiom can be used in all situations.
这个习语适用于任何情况 。
In our example, Anna tells Jonathan he needs to keep his eye on the ball if he wants to get a scholarship.
在今天的例子中,安娜告诉乔纳森,他需要集中精力,如果想要拿到奖学金 。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!