(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Wires are thin, metal threads that are used in many electrical devices.
电线是指很多电子设备中使用的细长的金属线条 。
Wires Crossed
一团乱麻,相互误解
Hey, Jonathan. Thaks for working my shift in the studio tomorrow night.
嘿,乔纳森 。谢谢你明晚跟我换班工作 。
What are you talking about? I have plans tomorrow night.
你说什么?我明天晚上有安排了 。
But I thought you said you would switch days with me?
可是我以为你愿意跟我换班?
And I thought you meant next week.
我以为你说的是下周呢 。
We got our wires crossed. I'll make other arrangements.
我们都误解了 。我再另做安排吧 。
When people get their "wires crossed," they have a different unerstanding of the same situation.
人们“wires crossed”的时候,就意味着他们对同一种情况有不同的理解 。
The expression comes from older telephone systems that use wires.
这个表达源自古老的使用电线的电话系统 。
With these phones, you might hear another conversation on the same line.
用这种电话,你可能会听到同一条线上别人的对话 。
The situation was called "crossed wires."
这种情况就叫做“crossed wires” 。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!