(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
A weasel is a small animal with brown fur.
鼬鼠是一种小动物,它的毛是褐色的 。
But weasel is also used to describe a person you cannot trust.
但是鼬鼠也可以用来指 你不能信任的人 。
Weasel Out of [Something]...
逃避做某事
Our work trip is coming up next week. Oh, I’m actually not going.
下周我们就要出差了 。啊,其实我不去了 。
What? But the boss said everyone has to go! How did you weasel out of it?
什么?但是老板说了大家都得去的!你是怎么摆脱我们不去出差的?
I told the boss that my 102 year old great-aunt is coming to town that weekend...
我跟老板说我102岁的姑姥姥下周要来镇上 。 。 。
If you “weasel out of something,”you avoid doing something, usually by lying or persuading someone in a clever way.
如果你“逃避某件事”, 就是你避免去做某事,通常情况下你是靠撒谎或者用巧妙的方法劝说别人 。
The word “weasel” acts like a verb in this expression.
在这个表达中,“weasel(鼬鼠)” 可以当作动词来看 。
Jonathan probably weaseled out of going on the work trip by lying to his boss.
乔纳森避免去出差 很可能是因为他向老板撒谎了 。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!