BBC纪录片《南太平洋》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第65期:漂流者的天堂(33)
日期:2017-04-19 10:00

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Only a large crocodile would be capable of inflicting such a horrific injury.
只有一条大鳄鱼能造成如此令人可怕的伤害
The village chief confirmed that attacks on both the villagers and their livestock were on the increase.
村长证实村民和家畜的被攻击次数在增加
With displaced crocodiles now encroaching on villages, there appeared to be a growing conflict.
迁移来的鳄鱼如今正在侵犯村庄,冲突出现升级
Do you think he's a danger?
你是否认为它很危险?

BBC纪录片《南太平洋》

To learn more about these problem crocodiles, the team headed to the Solomons' capital, Honiara
为了更加了解这些问题鳄鱼,摄制组来到所罗门首府霍尼亚拉
headquarters for the international peacekeeping force policing both the islanders and their crocodiles.
国际维和部队总部既管辖岛民也管鳄鱼
We've had some tragedies here where people have lost their life or been injured.
这里有岛民丧命或致残的悲剧发生
Not nice at all, and that worries us, but I think we have a system to manage that
一点也不好,这事困扰着我们,我们拥有管理系统
inasmuch that we've got this team of people that are skilled and well trained to go and destroy them.
因为我们的小组成员身负技能且训练有素,可以去消灭它们。
Not that we really want to do that.
我们并不想这样做
Not that we really want to do that, but when it's asked for, we'll go and do it.
但是需要时,我们会去做的

视频及简介

在南太平洋并没有荒岛这一回事。它们也许是地球上最偏僻,但2万余个岛屿个个都被开拓了,从新几内亚,天堂鸟的家园,部落野蛮的成人仪式将年轻的战士变成鳄鱼人,到斐济,法属玻利尼西和夏威夷。这是最后漂流者的故事,从咸水鳄和巨鳗到冠鬣蜥和怪蛙,为了成功不顾一切到达数千哩远的岛屿。这些旅程是很好的功绩。据估计每6万年才有一个物种到达夏威夷。难以相信,这么多的开拓者到达这些受到大自然像龙卷风和海啸接二连三粗暴打击的岛屿。南太平洋首次人类,玻利尼西亚人的航行,难以忘怀。这些旅程的确是最伟大的探索行动,甚至可以断言,他们永远地改变了南太平洋的大自然。


分享到