我们都为比尔着盛装(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第10期:钱是最没用的东西
日期:2016-08-15 10:53

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

That's the important thing, never to be owned.I know they don't own you. I know they don't own you.
这一点很重要,不要被哪一个杂志社管着。我知道,我知道你不归他们管。
Money's the cheapest thing.
钱是最没用的东西。
Liberty and freedom is the most expensive.
自由和自在才是最重要的。
No, you know what I mean, Richard.
你明白我的意思Richard.
So you asked me...about not falling into the traps of the rich.
你问过我…为什么我拍了这么多照片还没有进入有钱人的行列。
I would think it was my first, uh, partner in my fashion business.
我总会想起我在时尚界的第一个合作伙伴…
A woman by the name of Rebekah Harkness, a very affluent New York family, and she was looking to invest in my hat shop and she did.
一个叫做Rebekah Harkness的女人,她家是一个非常富有的纽约家庭,她计划着并最终给我的帽子店投了资。
But then the army came along...this is 1951...I was drafted.
但是1951年的时候开始征兵了,我应征入伍。
Well, they were appalled that I would go, and their investment would be on hold.
他们没想到我会去参军,对店里的投资就搁置了。
Who knows what would happen?
谁知道会发生什么事呢?
I was appalled at them.
我也没想到他们会这样。
I thought, "You're drafted. This is the country where you live, who you are. You go. "
我觉得,国家来征兵了。这是你的国家,你作为一个公民,就该去。
Well, they couldn't understand that at all.
他们并不是很理解我的做法。
Course I went in the army. I wouldn't think otherwise.
后来我去参军了,没什么别的想法。
They badgered me and they badgered my family, and finally...my aunt and uncle, whom I lived with here in the city,
他们劝我别去,还去找我的家人我的叔叔和婶婶,当时我和他们住在一起,
I think they returned the money she had invested which...God...Maybe it was a thousand dollars?
我觉得把她的投资还给她就好了大概是…一千美元?
Which was a lot of money then.
对他们来说是一大笔投资吧。
To the Harkness family, I don't think a thousand dollars was a lot of money.
对Harkness家族来说,我觉得一千美元不算什么钱。
Oh, they tried to have it...I know what it was...deducted from my army salary, which would have taken about ten years,
哦,我知道他们想要回那笔钱,如果用我当兵的钱一点点去还大概得十年,
'cause I don't know what you made...You got paid maybe $90 a month or something like that.Some stupidity.
那时大概每个月拿90美元。反正是些挺愚蠢的事。
So my family paid it off, and then when I got out of the army, I paid my family back.
我家里人帮我还清了这笔钱,当我退伍之后,我又赚了钱还给我家里。

街拍鼻祖比尔·坎宁安.jpg


视频及简介

这是一部关于街拍鼻祖比尔·坎宁安(Bill Cunningham)的纪录片。已入耄耋之年的比尔依然是纽约时报的一名摄影师,拥有自己的板面专栏“On the Street”以及“Evening Hours”。他从六十年代起便一直沉迷街拍,并享受工作。在比尔的镜头下,不管你是上流名人、普通工人甚至是下城居民,只要你着装出位有个性,比尔都乐于捕捉你的美。几乎所有的时尚界人士都认识并尊重这位摄影顽童,就连著名时尚杂志Vogue的女主编安娜·温图尔(Anna Wintour)也说:“我们都为比尔着盛装。”本片推出后深受欢迎,先后在悉尼电影节、南塔基特电影节、墨尔本国际电影节和阿布扎比国际电影节上获最佳纪录片殊荣。


分享到