第106篇:进退两难
日期:2014-12-04 18:08

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 106. What a Dilemma!
第106课 进退两难
Hoping to persuade her boyfriend to quit smoking, Jenny makes him an offer.
珍妮向她的男友提出一个条件,希望籍此说服他戒烟。
If you quit smoking, I'll marry you.
如果你戒烟,我就嫁给你。
I don't want to make a promise I can't keep.
我不想承诺我办不到的事。
Is it that hard to quit smoking?
戒烟就那么难吗?
Well. You know I've tried many times already.
嗯,你知道我已经试过好多次了。
But this time you've got a big incentive to do it.
不过这次你有一个让你戒烟的有力诱因。
Uh… I'm not sure.
啊....我不确定
What aren't you sure about?
你无法确定什么?
I do want to stop smoking. But if I do. I'll have to get married.
我的确很想戒烟,但如果我戒烟,我就得结婚。
So?
那又怎么样?
I'm not so sure if I want to get married.
我不知道我是否想结婚。
Well. You can't eat your cake and have it, too.
可是鱼与熊掌,不可兼得。
What a dilemma!
是左右为难!

分享到