第108篇:天下没有免费的午餐
日期:2014-12-05 17:50

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 108. No Free Lunch
第108课 天下没有免费的午餐
Hoping to get free contact lenses, Freddy goes to the optician.
弗瑞迪到眼镜商那儿希望能得到免费的隐形眼镜。
F: Could you help me check my eyes. Please?
弗瑞迪:可否麻烦你帮我做一个视力检查?
O: Sure. Please have a seat and put on these glasses.
眼镜商:当然。请坐下并戴上这副眼镜。
Now, tell me. Which letters seem clearer?
现在告诉我,哪些字母看得比较清楚?
F: The ones on the right.
弗瑞迪:右边的那些。
O: Ok. Can you read these price tags?
眼镜商:好的,你看得见这些价格标签吗?
F: Yes. They're as clear as daylight.
弗瑞迪:可以,很清楚。
O: Fine. Read out the highest amount.
眼镜商:很好,把价格最高的念出来。
F: US$100.
弗瑞迪:100美元。
O: Right. That's what it'll cost you.
眼镜商:没错,这就是你要付的款数。
F: But I thought the contact lenses are free.
弗瑞迪:但是我以为隐形眼镜是免费的。
O: Yes. But you'll have to pay for our service.
眼镜商:是呀,不过你得付我们服务费。
F: No wonder they say, "there's no such thing as a free lunch."
弗瑞迪:难怪人家说:“天下没有免费的午餐。”

分享到