有声读物《爱情与金钱》第13期
日期:2012-03-01 11:16

(单词翻译:单击)

Inspector Walsh put his hands behind his head.Jackie was very quiet.'What did your mother say?'
沃尔什探长把手放在脑后。杰基很平静。“你的妈妈说些什么?”

Jackie opened her bag and looked for a cigarette.'Can I smoke?'
杰基打开包找了枝烟。“我可以抽吗?”

'Of course.This is your house,'Inspector Walsh said.He watched Jackie.'What did your mother say?'he asked again.
“当然,这是你的家,”沃尔什探长说,他看着杰基。“你的妈妈说了些什么?”他又问。


'She wanted to go downstairs again.She remembered the dogs—she wanted to get some dinner for them. I went to my room and she went downstairs.'
“她又想下楼。她想起了狗——她想给它们弄点东西吃。我走回我的房间然后她下了楼。”

'What time was this?'
“这时几点了?”

'I don't remember.About midnight,I think.'
“我记不清了。我想大概是午夜。”

'And the cup of hot milk?'
“那么那杯热牛奶呢?”

'It was on the table by her bed.'
“它在她床边的桌上。”

'Did you need your mother's money?'
“你需要你母亲的钱吗?”

'No,Inspector.Money is not important to me.There are more important things,'Jackie said quietly.
“不,探长。钱对我不重要。有比钱更重要的东西,”杰基平静地说。

'Well,your uncle Albert wanted money.Tom Briggs wanted the garden.You wanted nothing?'
“嗯,你的艾伯特姨父要钱,汤姆·布里格斯想要花园。你什么也不想要?”

Jackie finished her cigarette and looked up at the Inspector.Her eyes were suddenly angry.'Don't forget Peter Hobbs.He lost his job because of my mother.He wanted to kill her,you know.And what about Diane?You found the empty bottle in her bag.'
杰基抽完烟抬头看着探长。她的眼里突然冒着火气。“别忘了彼特·霍布斯。是我妈妈使他丢了工作。你知道,他想杀她。还有黛安娜呢?你们在她包里发现了空瓶子。”

Inspector Walsh listened carefully.'We're going to question everyone,Miss Clarkson.'
沃尔什探长仔细听着。“我们会对每个人提问,克拉克森小姐。”

Jackie said nothing for a minute.'Would you like some sandwiches and coffee,Inspector?'
杰基沉默了一会。“探长,你们要些三明治和咖啡吗?”

'Ah!Yes,please!'Inspector Walsh said warmly.'I would like sandwiches and coffee very much.'
“哈!好,麻烦了!”沃尔什探长温和地说。“我非常想要三明治和咖啡。”

Jackie left the room.Inspector Walsh thought about her.Why was she suddenly angry?The room was quiet.
杰基离开了房间。沃尔什探长想,她为什么突然生气了?房间静悄悄的。

分享到