洪恩环境英语第四册课文 Book Four,Lesson 5
日期:2010-03-18 12:22

(单词翻译:单击)

LESSON 5
LESSON 5
THAT'S THE MOST CONVENIENT LOCATION
那是最方便的位置
Just like old times
就像过去一样。
You're pretty fast on your feet-for an old guy.Hey,watch it!
你的脚步还挺快——对一个上了年纪的人来说。嘿,瞧!
I was the best basketball player at Stamford High School.
我曾是斯坦福德高中最好的篮球运动员。
My brother always said you wanted to be a one-man team.
我哥哥常说你总想以一当五。
Only in my dreams,Jeff.Only in my dreams.Your brother was a good player too.
杰夫,那只是在梦里,只是做梦而已。你哥哥也是个好运动员。
Of course,it was easy for him.He was the tallest guy in the school.
当然,那么他来说很容易,他是学校里最高的男生。
I learned a lot from him.And nothing from me,huh?
我从他那儿学到了很多。从我这儿什么也没学到。是吗?
Where do you live now,Mike?
迈克,你现在住在哪儿?
We live outside of town,near the Merritt Parkway.
我们住在城外,在迈瑞特公园路附近。
How far is that from here?About nine miles.A long drive.
离这儿远吗?约九英里.要开挺长时间的车。
Have you found an apartment?
你找到公寓了吗?
No,I'm going to satart looking for an apartment this week.Any adivce?
没有。我打算从这周开始找。有什么建议吗?
Well,the most popular part of town is out near the Parkway,where I live.
城里最受欢迎的地方是公园附近,我就住那儿。
But you probably want to live closer to work.
但你也许想住得离工作地点近一些。
Maybe I should live downtown.
也许我应该住市区。
That's the most convenient location.And I'd be close to the nightlife.
那是最方便的位置,而且过夜生活也更方便了。
We don't have the most exciting nightlife,you know.This isn't New York.
要知道紧令人兴奋的夜生活不在这儿。这里不是纽约。
It's different,that's for sure.
肯定是有区别的。
There's that new apartment building on Bedford Street.Bedford Manor.
在贝德街有幢新公寓楼,贝德福德庄园。
It's very nice.But it's probably the most expensive building downtown.
那儿很美,但它可能是市区内最贵的楼房了。
I don't want to spend a lot of money...What about this neighborhood?
我不想花太多的钱。这附近怎么样?
I see some apartment buildings over there.
我看见那边有一些公寓楼。
That's Oak.Street.It's not the most beautiful street in town.but it's nice.
那是橡树街。它不是城里最美的街。但挺不错的。
Well.I should look at the apartment listhings in the newspaper.
嗯,我应该看看报纸上的公寓租赁专栏。
How are you getting along with Linda?
你和琳达相处的怎样?
I like her,I think she's happy she picked me.
我喜欢她。我感觉她很高兴选择了我。
She gives me a big smile every time she sees me.
她每次看见我都冲我热情地笑笑。
How about Steven?I'm not sure how to deal with him.
史蒂文呢?我不知道该如何与他相处。
Everyone respects him,He does good work.
大家都很尊敬他,他工作非常出色。
I don't think he wanted me for this role.
我认为他并不想让我演这个角色。
You don't know that,Steven's just moody.
你不知道,史蒂文只是有点情绪化。
I mean,he doesn't always explain things well.Great.
我的意思是,他并不是总能把事情解释清楚.那就好。
Maybe you should ask him a lot of quextions when you're in rehearsal.
也许你排练时该向他请教。
Be sure you know what he wants.
要确定你知道他的想法。
Ask questions.OK,But I feel like I'm a student again.
多请教。好的。但我觉得我又像一个学生了。
Come on,it's not that bad,You're going to do fine.I know it.
别这样,没那么糟糕。你会做好的,我知道这点。
I know it too.
我也知道。
Look at that piece of junk.No TV star drives a car like that.
瞧你这种破车,没有一个电视名星开这种车。
I guess you're right.Time for a trip to the car dealer.
我想你说得对,该找找汽车高了。
Are you looking for a new car?Then come on over to Stamford Auto.
你打算买辆新车吗?那么请到斯坦福德汽车行来。
YOu can count on us for the car you're looking for.Just look at these cars.
你可以在我们这儿找以想要的车。看看这些车。
This station wagon is the most practical car you can find.
这辆客货两用轿车是你所能找到的最实用的车。
We have luxury cars.This one is the most elegant on our lot.
我们有豪华车,这是我们车行最上档的一辆车。
Here's a sports car-the most exciting car in Amereica.What's that?
这是一辆跑车——是全美国最令人激动的跑车。什么?
You're looking for a good price?
你希望价格比较便宜?
Well,you don't have to pay through the nose at Stamford Auto.
好的,在斯坦福德车行买车你不必花一大笔钱。
We have the lowest prices in town,and we're ready to make a deal.
我们的价格是全市最低价,而且我们愿意与您做生意。
HOw far do you have to go to find great cars at great prices?
走多远才能买到物美价廉的车呢?
Not far.
一点儿也不远。
We're on the turnpike.just two miles from downtown.
我们就在高速公路上——离市区只有两英里。
See you this weekend-at Stamford Auto.
周未福德车行见。

分享到
重点单词
  • luxuryn. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • elegantadj. 优雅的,精美的,俊美的
  • oakn. 橡树,橡木
  • drivesn. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)
  • dealern. 商人,经销商,发牌者,毒品贩子
  • convenientadj. 方便的,便利的
  • wagonn. 四轮马车,货车 v. 用四轮马车运
  • rehearsaln. 排练,彩排
  • junkn. 垃圾,废旧杂物,中国平底帆船 vt. 丢弃