(单词翻译:单击)
LESSON 6
LESSON 6
IS THIS THE BEST WE CAN DO?
这是我们能拿出来的最好的吗?
Yes.Come over here.please.
对,请到这国边来。
Stand there.Like that.Good.
站在那儿,就那样。很好。
That's not bad.but I want the nicest sweater you have.
不错,不过我要的是你这里最好的毛衣
That's nice.Do you like this one at all?Ugh,no,no.It's ugly.
挺好。你到底喜欢不喜欢这件毛衣?
Rita spent all weekend shopping for that sweater.
为了选这件毛衣,丽塔花了整个周未的时间。
And you think it's the worst sweater of all.
而你却认为它是最难看的。
Oh,Take it back.I'm sorry,Rita.
噢,我收回我说过的话,丽塔,对不起,
That sweater's just not right for television.
这件毛衣只不过是不适合做节目用。
OK.So the second sweater is the best?
好吧。那么你认为第二件毛衣是最好的?
Steven,do you really want me to wear a sweater?
史蒂文,你真的想让我穿毛衣?
I think my character should wear something else...like a jacket and tie.
我认为我演的角色应该穿一些别的衣服,比如夹克和领带,
He's a detective,after all.
毕竟他是个侦探。
Your character only works as a detective in his free time.Remember?
你的角色只是个业余侦探。还记得吗?
He's a repoter.an ordinary guy.He should wear ordinary clothes.I see.
他是个记者,是个普通人。他应该穿平常的衣服。知道了。
That skirt looks a little short.Do you have anything longer?
那条裙子有点短了,你有长点的吗?
No.That's the longest skirt we have.
没有,那是我们最长的裙子了。
I think this looks good.Steven.
史蒂文,我觉得这件挺好的。
And what about this blouse?Is this the best we can do ?
那么这件上衣呢?这是我们能拿出来的最好的吗?
There's this ...or this.I like the white blouse.
还有一件.......和这一件。我喜欢这件白色的。
It's too plain.Do you have anything fancier?
这件太普通了。你有华丽点儿的吗?
We're done with you two,then.Thank you.
那么没有你俩的事了,谢谢。
YOu're welcome.
不客气。
YOu know.I saw you on stage once in New York.
你知道吗,我在纽约曾看过你的演出。
In The Longest Night.I thought you were excellent.
片名是《漫漫长夜》.我觉得你演得棒极了。
Well,thanks.I liked that script.
噢,谢谢。我喜欢那个剧本。
That was the best play I saw all year.You were very lucky.Thanks.
那是我那一年中看过的最好的戏。当时你真幸运。谢谢。
Of all the shows I've done,this one has the shortest work schedule.
在我所演过的戏中,这部分的工作日程最短,
We hardly have time to rehearse.
我们几乎没有时间排练。
And Steven gets very tense when he doesn't have much time.Watch out.
而且史蒂文一旦觉得时间不够时,他就变得很焦急。要当心。
Vacation photos?
这是假期照片?
What?These?Oh,these are just baby pictures.Your baby?
什么,这些吗?噢,这些只是孩子的照片你孩子的?。
Yes,But these are the worst ones.
是的,但这些照片是照得最难看的。
I'd really like to see them.
我很愿意看看这些照片。
They're old.From weeks ago.
这都是旧照片了,是几个星期以前的。
These are great.Isn't that the cutest baby?
这些照片太棒了!她真是太可爱了!
Those are the biggest eyes.
眼皮可真大。
She's six months now.Isn't that the nicest smile?
她六个月了。她笑得真好看。
She's such a happy baby...and so quite.
她是个快乐的孩子......而且很安静。
I hated to go back to work.
我真不想再回来工作。
That must be the hardest thing about being a parent.
那可能是当父母的最难受的一件事了
leaving them.Even for a minute.
——离开孩子,哪怕只有一分钟。
I miss her during the day.
我整天想她。
She's the most beautiful baby.
她是最漂亮的孩子。
You must be the proudest mother in Stamford.
你一定是斯坦福德最骄傲的母亲了。