洪恩环境英语第四册课文 Book Four,Lesson 10
日期:2010-03-26 15:26

(单词翻译:单击)

LESSON 10
LESSON 10
DO YOU KNOW HOW MY NAME IS SPELLED?
你知道我名字怎样拼写的吗?
A little closer,Mr.Morris...Hold that smile,Mr.Tate.
再先靠近一点,莫里斯先生......保持微笑,泰特先生。
Got it.Thank you.gentlemen,
好了,谢谢,先生们,
And welcome to Stamford,Mr.Tate.I wish you the best in your new job.Thank you so much.
欢迎到斯坦福德来,泰特先生。祝愿您在新工作中一切顺利!非常感谢。
I'm glad that's over.
很高兴照完了。
I need a quote from each of you for the newspaper article.
我想让你们每个人说一句话以便引用在报纸的专栏文章上。
We're proud to have Philip Tate join our museum.
菲利普.泰勒先生来我们的博物馆工作,我们很荣幸。
And I'm proud to be working for Ben Morris,
本.莫里斯先生是研究斯坦福德
the leading expert n Stamoford history...
历史的第一流专家......
Do you know how my name is spelled?P-h-i-l-i-p T-a-t-e.
你知道我的名字是怎样拼写的吗?P-h-i-l-l-i-p t-a-t-e.
Philip is spelled with one l.
philip的拼写中只有一个l。
Oh,right.You know,I'd like to get another photo.it's your money.
噢,是那样。嗯,我想再照一张.反正花的是你自己的钱。
Why don't we show Mr.Hunter an Indian object?
我们给亨特先生看一件印第安人的物品吧!
That's beautiful...What's it made of?
太美了......这是用什么制的?
It's made of leather.Most Indian pouches are made of leaher.
用皮革制的,大多数印第安烟草袋都是用皮革制的。
What's it used for?It's used for tobacco.
这是干什么用的?装烟草用的。
Of course,there isn't any tobacco in there now.
当然现在这里面一点烟草也没有。
It's two hundred years old.We can use this.What is it?
它已经有两百年的历史了.我们可以用这个。这是什么?
This is the Stamford Treaty,the most important item in the Morris Museum.
这是斯坦福德条约,是莫里斯博物馆中最重要的收藏品。
How old is it?Look here,
它有多少年的历史了?看这儿。
It's dated 1640,and it's signed by two great Indians.
注明的日期是1640年,由两个伟大的印第安人在上面签了字。
All the big museums would like to own this,
所有大博物馆都想要它,
but it's going to stay right here at the Morris Museum is Stamford
但它将在斯坦福德的莫里斯博物馆呆下去
...It's worth a fortune.
......它值一大笔钱呢。
It's your museum,Mr.Morris,so why don't you sit at the desk?
莫里斯先生,这家博物馆是你的,那你就坐在桌边吧!
And Mr.Tate,why don't you look over Mr.Morris's shoulder?
泰特先生,你从莫里斯先生肩后看过来好吗?
Like this?
像这样?
That's fine......Mr.Morris,a pleasant look,please?
很好...... 莫里斯先生,高兴点儿。
Thank you......That's it.
谢谢......就这样了。
You'll see the story in Friday's paper.
你们会在周五的报纸上看到这篇报道。
I look forward to seeing it.
我希望很快看到它。
Uncle Ben?The carpenters want to talk to you about the new room.Oh,good,
本叔叔,木匠要同你谈一谈新房间的问题。噢,好。
Philip,why don't you come with me?
菲利普,跟我一块来吧!
So good to meet you,Mr.Hunter.Thank you.
亨特先生,很高兴认识你.谢谢。
They don't get along,do they?
他们相处得不好,是不是?
And Mr.Tate started to work here only three weeks ago.
泰特先生三周前才来这儿工作。
I hate to say it,Diana,but your uncle does have a difficult personality.
我并不想这么说,戴安娜,但你叔叔的确很难相处。
Oh,sometimes he blows up at people,but he doesn't really mean it.
嗯,有时他冲人发火,但他不是存心的。
You know,Uncle Ben started this museum.
你知道,本叔叔创建了这个博物馆,
Now he's sitting pretty,and he has the money to hire Mr.Tate.
现在他很富有,他有钱雇用泰特先生。
I think that's good news.I'm not sure.
我想这是个好消息。我不大肯定。

分享到
重点单词
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • leathern. 皮革,皮制品 adj. 皮革制的 vt. 用皮革覆
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • treatyn. 条约,协定
  • quoten. 引用 v. 引述,举证,报价
  • huntern. 猎人,猎犬,猎马,搜寻者 Hunter: 亨特(姓