(单词翻译:单击)
LESSON 3
LESSON 3
THIS NEW JOB IS MY BIG BREAK.
这份新工作是我的好机会
That was a good dinner,Mom.
这顿饭真好吃,妈妈。
I'm sorry your dad isn't here.
只可惜你爸爸不在这儿。
But now you can come home more often.Jeff,We're a family again.
不过,现在你可以经常回家了。杰夫,我们一家又在一起了。
I guess so.Can I help with the dishes?Oh,I can wash those later.Ok
我想是的,要我帮你洗碗吗?噢,我一会儿自己收拾.好的。
How are you going to get from New York to Stamford every day,
now that you're working here?
既然你现在在这边工作了,你每天怎么从纽约赶到斯坦福德来呢?
Oh,I'm going to give up my apartment in New York.
噢,我打算退掉在纽约的公寓。
And get one in Stamford?
打算在斯坦福德租一个?
Sure,I want to be near my job.
当然了,我想住得离我工作的地方近点儿。
Where are you planning to live?
你打算住哪儿?
There are some nice apartment buildings nearby....over on Baker Street.
附近有一些不错的公寓楼......就在贝克街那边。
I think I can find something closer to WEFL.
我想我能找到离WEFL 近一点的房子。
I may as well live close t work.
我还是住得离工作地点近点儿好。
Well,rents out here are certainly lower than rents in New York.
好吧.这儿的房租当然比纽约的房租低。
Mother,I make much more money now.
妈妈,我现在挣的钱多了。
Good,Then you aren't going to end up in another old building like the one in New York.
很好,那你不用住在像在纽约住的那种旧房子里了。
I think I can get a nicer apartment.
我想我能找个好点儿的公寓。
This new job-how long will it last?
这份新工作——要干多长时间?
I just hope this is a better idea than your move to Los Angeles.
我只是希望做这个工作比搬到洛杉矶去好一点,
You didn't like it there.
你不喜欢在那儿工作。
I hope so too.Mom.
我也这样希望,妈妈。
I know you're going to be successful.
我知道你会成功的。
It's my first starring role.
这是我第一次做主角,
But this show is going to be a hit.
但是这个节目将会非常成功。
If I stay,I can make good money
如果我留下,我能赚到更多的钱,
and I'm going to get bigger roles in the future.I know it.
以后会扮演更重要的角色。我知道这一点。
Are you going to work all the time,
你会不会一天到晚都很忙?
or are you going ot have time to meet people?
你有时间与别人见面吗?
You mean,am I going to have time to meet girlfriends?Well...
你是指我会不会有时间找女朋友?嗯.....。
Living closer to work will give me more free time.
只要住得离工作地点近,自由支配时间会更多。
Anyway,It's easier to meet girls here than in New York. Good.
至少在这里要比在纽约更容易与女孩子见面.太好了.
This new job is my big break.
这份工作是我的好机会,
It's a bigger role than anything I had in New York.
这比我在纽约演的任何一个角色都重要。
And it's a more exciting role than anything I had in Los Angeles.
而且比我在洛杉矶演的任何一个角色都令人兴奋。
This is my chance to make it big in television.
这是我在电视剧方面成名的机会,
I want my parents to be proud of me.
我希望我的父母为我自豪。
I think I can do a good job.
我觉得和能做好这个工作。
But I'm the star,and I'm a little scared.
但是我要当主角,这使我有点害怕。
Steven Winn-I don't know what he thinks of me.
史蒂文.韦恩——我不知道他怎么看我,
But Linda Marino-she's friendlier than he is.
但是琳达成.玛里诺,她比史蒂文对我更友好,
And more helpful.I'm going to like working with her.
更乐意帮助我。我会喜欢与她共事的。
Actually,I think I'm going to like working with everyone here.
说实话,我会喜欢与这儿的每一个人共事的。