洪恩环境英语第四册课文 Book Four,Lesson 1
日期:2010-03-11 13:06

(单词翻译:单击)

LESSON 1
LESSON 1
I'D LIKE TO MEET JEFF BENNETT.
我想见见杰夫。班纳特
We need an actor,Steven.
史蒂文,我们需要个男演员。
We need a good actor to star in the new show with Mary Beth.
我们需要一个出色的男演员与玛丽。贝思一起主演这部新剧。
What about this one?I worked with him last year.He's Beth.
这个人怎么样,去年我曾与他共事,他挺不错的。
No.His hair's too long.
不行,他的头发太长了。
He can cut his hair.
他可以把头发剪了。
He's wrong for the part.
他不适合这个角色。
Linda,we have to pick an antor.We're going to start work next week.
琳达,我们必须选个男演员,我们下周得开始工作了。
How about this one?He has a lot of experience.
这个人怎么样?他的经验很丰富。
Mmmm...no.I'm sorry.Steven,
嗯......不行。很抱歉,史蒂文,
but this is an important role.And WEFL needs better ratings.
这个角色很重要。再说WEFL电视台需要提高收视率。
We have to pick the right actor.
我们得挑个合适的演员才行。
I understand.Linda,I want you to think about these two again.
我知道。琳达,我希望你再考虑一下这两个人。
I know both of them.They're excellent actors.
他们两个我都认识,他们俩都是非常优秀的演员。
I like the older one.This one.
我喜欢年纪大点儿的这个。这个。
Yes,because the actor has to be older than Mary Beth,
是的,因为男演员的年龄得比玛丽. 贝思大,
and he has to be taller than she is .
而且个头要比她高。
Nope.He's too short.He's an inch shorter.
不,他太矮了,他比玛丽.贝思矮了一英寸。
Then he's not right for the role.
这么说他不适合演这个角色。
The last one.I guess he's better.
最后一个了,我觉得他好一些。
Ummm...I don't know.
嗯......我说不清楚。
I like him.Jeff Bennett.
我喜欢他。杰夫.班纳特?
Why not?I think he's handsome.And he's taller than Mary Beth.
为什么不呢?我觉得他英俊、高大,个子比玛丽.贝思高。
He has it all.
我们所要求的各种条件他都具备。
Well,he doesn't have much experience.Hi,Linda,Steven.
嗯,但是,他没有多少经验.嗨,琳达,史蒂文。
Oh,hi,Mike.You two are going to be working together.
噢,嗨,迈克,你们两个要一起工作,
Steven's the director on our new show.
史蒂文是我们新剧的导演。
"Murder at Midnight"? Great.I'm going to be the cameraman on that.
《午夜凶杀》?太好了。我要做这部片子的摄像师。
Good.
太好了。
Mike,we can't decide.Which one do you like better?
迈克,我们不知道应该选哪能一个。你喜欢哪个?
For which role?The starring role.
演那个角色的?主角。
Well,this guy looks bigger.
嗯。这个人看起来“大”了点。
Bigger?You mean heavier?yeah,He's too fat.
“大”了点?你是指他太胖了吧?
Then you like this actor better.
是的,他太胖了。
Right.I know this guy.He's a good actor.I know his work.See those eyes?
是的,我认识这个人,他是个挺不错的演员。我知道他的表现。看见他的眼睛了吗?
It's the eyes that show emotion.His face is perfect for television.
这是一双能表现情感的眼睛。他的脸形很适合上镜。
Well.Thanks for the advice.Anytime.See you later.Thanks,Mike.
嗯。谢谢你的建议.别客气,再见.谢谢,迈克。
So,we have two choices.What do you think?
那么我们有两个选择,你的想法是什么?
I'd like to meet Jeff Bennet.Then we cna make a decision.
我想见见杰夫.班纳特,然后再做决定。
Jeff is in New York.I'm going to call him right now.
杰夫在纽约。我立即给他打电话,
Maybe he can come in tomorrow.
或许他明天能来。
Good.
好的。

分享到
重点单词
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演