你好布拉德(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第67期 谈论近况
日期:2018-06-24 18:42

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
Well, I guess, you know, my girls are, too.
对啊 其实我女儿也在
They're only 12, but they're all over it.
她们才12岁 不过都学完了
They're writing out their little applications.
正在写她们的大学申请
Mmhmm, yeah, well... They're so much more on it than we were.
比我们当年可强太多了
Yeah, I know, right?
对 我知道
Troy has a great attitude about it all. Yeah.
特洛伊的态度倒是很不错
Is he medicated?
他在吃药吗
No.
不啊
Oh. Thank you.
哦 谢谢你
Pleasure.
乐意效劳
So, how's Melanie? Mm.
你太太怎么样
Uh, she's great.
都挺好的
Yeah, yeah. She's... really likes her job,
很喜欢她的工作
and she's always been pretty happy.
而且总是那么开心
Diane just, uh, sold an article to HBO.
我太太刚卖了一篇文章给HBO电视台
They're gonna make a series out of it.
他们要拍一部电视剧呢
Oh. Cool.
这么好
Wow. Yeah.
是啊
So, uh, I went to Tufts today.
我今天回学校了
Bob Connor died.
康纳教授去世了
I know, I know.
我知道这件事
You knew? Yeah.
啊 你知道 对啊
Well, I spoke at his memorial.
追悼会我还发言了
Oh. You did? Yeah.
你还讲话了 对
We'd been in touch. Well, he'd asked me a few times
我们一直有联络 他还经常叫我
to speak in his class about journalism and government.
上班里讲讲新闻业和政府的事
Oh, he did? That's... that's flattering.
真的吗 这有点奉承啊
Yeah, I usually try and get out of that stuff, but,
有时候我也不想涉及太多 不过
you know, for him...
为了他
Such a good person.
多好的一个人啊
Yeah. Yeah, he was the, uh,
是的 他是
closest thing I ever had to a mentor.
跟我最亲近的导师了
Oh, right. That... Yes.
哦对啊
You were his favorite. Back in the day.
当初你是他最喜欢的学生
重点讲解

application
application to sb for sth
application to sb to do sth

a formal (often written) request for sth, such as a job, permission to do sth or a place at a college or university
申请;请求;申请书;申请表
a planning / passport application
规划/护照申请
His application to the court for bail has been refused.
他向法庭申请保释遭到拒绝。
an application for membership / a loan / a licence
会籍/贷款/执照申请

be, get, keep, etc. in 'touch with sb
to communicate with sb, especially by writing to them or telephoning them
(与…)有(或进行、保持等)联系
Are you still in touch with your friends from college?
你和大学的同学还有联系吗?
Thanks for showing us your products—we'll be in touch.
谢谢给我们介绍你们的产品,我们将会保持联系。
I'm trying to get in touch with Jane. Do you have her number?
我正在设法和简取得联系。你有她的电话号码吗?

flattering
making sb feel pleased and special
奉承的;使人感到荣幸的
I found it flattering that he still recognized me after all these years.
过了这么多年他还认得我,使我觉得荣幸。

视频及简介
该片讲述了一名有着美好工作及家庭的男人,相当羡慕老同学们比他拥有更好的命运。而在陪同儿子前往大学途中的东海岸之旅,他不得不再次面对老友们给他带来的挫败感

分享到
重点单词
  • permissionn. 同意,许可,允许
  • loann. 贷款,借出,债权人 v. 借,供应货款,借给
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • mentorn. 指导者 vt. 指导
  • bailn. 杓,保释,保证金,担保人,把手 vt. 往外舀水,
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • memorialadj. 纪念的,追悼的 n. 纪念碑(堂), 纪念仪式
  • flatteringadj. 奉承的;谄媚的
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说