你好布拉德(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第52期 产生分歧
日期:2018-06-09 18:26

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
You're 50 years old,
你五十岁了
and you still think that the world was made for you.
还觉得这个世界是为你而生的
Uh, I'm 47.
嗯 我才47
Do you even know poor people?
你真的知道啥是贫穷吗
Of course.
当然知道
Okay, well, when I visit my mother's family in Delhi,
我去我妈的老家德里的时候
a lot of people out there only live on two dollars a day.
好多人一天的开销只有两块钱
They're not complaining about being ignored at a dinner party.
他们没有抱怨在饭桌上被人无视
They're happy they get dinner.
他们能吃饭就很开心
Right. But I'm not competing with those people. I'm...
对 不过我不是和这些人比 我是
You compete with the people who are markers in your life.
你比较的是 你生命中有意义的那些人
Why are you competing at all?
那你比个什么劲呢
It's the way the world is. And...
这世间本就如此 再说
You competing with your friends from college,
你和大学同学比来比去
that competition is the history of colonialism, okay?
这本身就是殖民主义的历史 知道吗
And... and the oppression of women,
还有什么 镇压女性
and the fucking up of the environment.
糟蹋环境
Oh, come on, don't go there. And...
得得得 你别扯那么远
I'm not part of the problem, okay?
这些问题又不是我造成的
I work for a... a nonprofit, for fuck's sake.
我是给非盈利组织办事的啊 我靠
It's just, from where I sit, it kind of seems like
从我这个角度看 这就是一出
white privilege, male privilege,
白种人特权的 男性特权的
firstclass problems.
第一阶层问题
Okay. I...
好吧 我
You know, I know I might seem like some cliché to you,
我说这些可能听着是陈词滥调
but this is actually my life, okay?
但它就是我的人生
Just... don't ask me to feel bad for you.
只是 别在我这里找安慰好吧
You're doing just fine.
你过得挺不错的
Trust me.
听我一句
I promise you; you have enough.
说实话 你拥有的够多了
Yeah, you, too. I'll see you around.
你也是 我们回见
All right, so long. Bye.
好的 拜拜
重点讲解

cliche
a phrase or an idea that has been used so often that it no longer has much meaning and is not interesting
陈词滥调;陈腐的套语
She trotted out the old cliché that 'a trouble shared is a trouble halved.'
她又重复了"与人说愁愁减半"的陈词滥调。

a marker of sth
a marker for sth

a sign that sth exists or that shows what it is like
标志;标识;表示
Price is not always an accurate marker of quality.
价格并不总是质量的准确标志。

complain
complain to sb about sth
complain to sb of sth

to say that you are annoyed, unhappy or not satisfied about sb / sth
抱怨;埋怨;发牢骚
I'm going to complain to the manager about this.
我要就这件事向经理投诉。
She never complains, but she's obviously exhausted.
她虽然从不抱怨,但显然已疲惫不堪。
The defendant complained of intimidation during the investigation.
被告申诉在调查期间受到了恐吓。

视频及简介
该片讲述了一名有着美好工作及家庭的男人,相当羡慕老同学们比他拥有更好的命运。而在陪同儿子前往大学途中的东海岸之旅,他不得不再次面对老友们给他带来的挫败感

分享到
重点单词
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • complainvi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉
  • intimidationn. 恐吓,威胁
  • defendantn. 被告
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • oppressionn. 压抑,沉闷,压迫手段
  • privilegen. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸 vt. 给特权,免
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛