看电影《足球尤物》学英语第21期:差一点被校长拆穿
日期:2013-12-24 11:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Trouble with your wig, Hastings?
假发不舒服吗,海斯丁斯?
No, I actually... I have a scalp condition.
不,其实我有头皮病
No, you don’t. - Yeah, I do.
不,你没有 - 真的有
I really do. It’s really acting up during the...
我真的有 现在又发作了…
No, you don’t.
不,你没有
You’ve got male pattern baldness.
你这是男性脱发症
Scoot over, kiddo.
挪过去,孩子
I don’t know if you’ve realized,
不知道你有没有发现
but recently I’ve started to thin out myself.
实际上,我的头发也开始少了
I’ve tried all the creams and the butters,
我试了很多如霜和膏药
and I still can’t seem to stop Mother Nature’s vindictive fury,
但还是无法平息大地母亲的愤怒之火
and neither can you
所以你也不行.
There’s gonna be a time when you’ll have to come out
总有一天你要卸去伪装
of the closet and just accept yourself for who you are.
走出衣橱并秀出真正的自己
A baldy. OK?
小秃头,好吗?
But it’s gonna be all right. OK?
别担心,知道吗?
Oh, and between you and me, chicks dig it.
哦,我们俩的秘密 女生喜欢秃头


妙语佳句

1.thin out
使稀薄;使稀疏
Egg whites thin out as they age.
因为鸡蛋白随着时间的增长而变薄。

2.accept for
接受
We do other restrictions that we readily accept for our safety and security for ourselves and others.
我们欣然接受了一些为了我们和他人的安全的限制。

剧情百科

薇欧拉和弟弟塞巴斯蒂安聊电话的时候,校长发现薇欧拉有点不对劲,对!就是薇欧拉的假发……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.It was a warning that things might get ______ ______ ______ if the offensive did not stop.
这是一个警告,说明如果攻势不停止,事情可能会失去控制。

2.That lathe went ______ ______ ______ at times.
那台车床有时发生故障。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.I only see them in the store on occasion, but they are available online as well.
我过去只是偶尔在商店中看到过,现在网上也有销售了。

2.On the contrary, they protect them and help if there are any difficulties.
相反的,如果他们遇到了什么困难,警察还会保护并帮助他们。

分享到
重点单词
  • vindictiveadj. 有报仇心的,怀恨的,惩罚的
  • offensiveadj. 令人不快的,侮辱的,攻击用的 n. 进攻
  • contraryadj. 相反的,截然不同的 adv. 相反(地) n.
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • lathen. 车床 vt. 用车床加工
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • patternn. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型 v. 以图案装饰,仿造