荧屏中的情景口语 第31期:西装革履 关于招聘
日期:2013-08-02 18:31

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第5周 在公司

荧屏情景:

星期三 关于招聘 片段选自《西装革履》 第1季第1集 Suits 1 S01E01 11:00--11:54

Harvey: You're not married?
哈维:你没结婚?
Jessica: Recruiting. Harvey. Your interviews are set up for tomorrow.
杰西卡:招聘。哈维,你的面试都在明天。
Harvey: What? Why don't we just hire the Harvard summer associate douche?
哈维:什么?怎么不直接要了哈佛那个暑期实习的律师呆子?
Jessica: I think if you listen to the phrasing of that question, you'll come up with an answer.
杰西卡:你听听自己怎么形容的,就该知道原因了吧。
Harvey: We need people who think on their feet. Not another clone with a rod up his ass.
哈维:我们需要头脑快的人,而不是死读书的机器人。
Louis: Harvey, the fact that we only hire from Harvard gives us a cache that's a little more valuable than hiring a kid from Rutgers.
路易斯:哈维,只招哈佛学生比招小破学校的更有价值。
Jessica: You went to Harvard law.
杰西卡:你上的就是哈佛法学院。
Harvey: I'm an exception.
哈维:我是一个例外。
Jessica: Find me another one.
杰西卡:那就再找一个例外。
Harvey: Can we please skip the recruiting? I work better alone anyway.
哈维:招聘就免了,好吗?反而我单干更好。
Jessica: Well, I would, Harvey, except all senior partners get an associate. It's just a rule.
杰西卡:我也想,但所有高级合伙人都配备律师,这是规矩。
Louis: I'm sorry. What? Jessica, I deserve that promotion. My billables destroy his. And I'm here night and day doing whatever's needed instedad of swanning in and out of here whenever I please.
路易斯:不好意思,什么?杰西卡,我才够格升职啊。我的付费客户比他多,而且我不分白天黑夜干活,而不是由着性子想来就来。
Harvey: I must admit, he does make me sound very swan-like.
哈维:不得不承认,他这么说的确让我看上去游手好闲。
Jessica: Harvey, shut up.
杰西卡:哈维,闭嘴。

单词与短语

单词与短语:
1. phrase n. 措辞
eg. It is impossible to hypnotise someone simply by saying a particular word or phrase.
不可能仅通过说某个词或短语就能把人催眠。
eg. The trouble was sparked off by an apparently harmless phrase.
这场麻烦是由一句明显无恶意的话引起的。
2. come up with
想出,得出(想法);
eg. The scientists are beating their brains trying to come up with a solution to the problem.
科学家正绞尽脑汁,力求找到解决这个问题的办法。
eg. He's come up with a great idea.
他想出了一个绝好的办法。
3. think on one's feet 思维敏捷
eg. The other is more intuitive, daring , relying on one's ability to think on their feet.
另外一种更需要直觉、胆量,取决于人随机应变的能力。
eg. When the interviewer asks you a question, you need to think on your feet.
当面试者问你任何问题你必须反应敏锐。
4. cache n. 贮存物
eg. A huge arms cache was discovered by police.
警方发现了大批私藏的军火。
eg. Police discovered a cache of weapons in the room.
警方在房间里发现了一批隐藏的武器。
5. deserve
v. 应受;应得;值得
eg. They know the sport inside out, and we treat them with the respect they deserve.
他们对这项体育运动了如指掌,我们也给予了他们应有的尊重。
eg. These people deserve to make more than the minimum wage.
这些人应该得到比最低工资更高的报酬。
6. swan vi.游荡;闲逛;
eg. She spends her time swanning around the world.
她一个人自由自在地环游世界。
eg. I suppose they've swanned off somewhere warm for the winter as usual.
我想他们又像以往一样到某个暖和的地方过冬去了。

分享到
重点单词
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • skipv. 跳过,略过,遗漏 n. 跳跃,跳读 n. (
  • intuitiveadj. 直觉的
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • associaten. 同伴,伙伴,合伙人 n. 准学士学位获得者 vt.