金融英语口语听力大全(MP3+双语字幕)第23期:日元兑换美元
日期:2014-12-30 08:56

(单词翻译:单击)

Changing Yen to Dollars
日元兑换美元
Goro Watanable is leaving for the United States and wants to buy some American dollars before he goes .
渡边五郎准备前往美国,想在临走前买些美元。
Watanable:I am leaving for the States tomorrow and will need some dollar currency with me when I arrive .
渡边:我准备明天启程去美国,在到达那里时,我需要随身带些美钞,
Can I get it here ?
我能在这里买到美元吗?
Clerk:Yes,sir.How much did you want to buy ?
职员:可以,先生,你想买多少?
W:Well,I think about $100 worth .I get traveller's checks the other day ,but I don't want to arrive in American without any cash .
渡边:哦,我想要100美元左右。前几天我已经办理了旅游支票,但是,我不想在到达美国时手头无现金。
It's a real problem cashing a traveller's check when the airport is crowded .
机场上非常拥挤的时候,兑现旅游支票是件很麻烦的事。
C:Yes ,that's true .Please fill out this request for foreign currency .On the purpose line ,just indicate travel.
职员:的确是这样。请您填写一下外币申请表,在目的那一栏上只需说明旅游就可以了。
W:What's the exchange rate today ?I can't understand this chart you have here .
渡边:今天的兑换率是多少?我看不明白你们的这张图表。
C:The figure under the listing for spot rate selling is the one you want .
职员:在现货兑换率卖出的编目底下的那个数字就是您所需要的数字,
That means that rate for immediate delivery of cash .
它指的是现金的立即交付兑换率。
W:How come this so confusing ?What are these other rates listed?
渡边:怎么这么令人费解呢?表中所列出的另外的那些兑换率是怎么回事?
C:Well,the rate is different for different kinds of transaction .
职员:哦,不同种类的交易有不同的兑换率,
For example ,we don't buy or sell checks for the same rate as cash because of the transit time involved .
比如,我们买进或卖出支票与买进或卖出现金使用不同的兑换率,因为这里涉及到转寄时间的问题。
W:I remember one bank said over-the -counter rate.Is that the same?
渡边:我记得有家银行说过柜台兑换率,它与现货兑换率意思一样吗?
C:It's the same as the spot rate for small transactions for the gengeral public .
职员:一般讲柜台兑换率与小规模交易的现货兑换率意思相同。
Some banks call it the over-the -counter rate for convenience .
某些银行为方便起见,就称后者为柜台兑换率。

分享到